Samsung S6 battery drain, what could be the cause?

jeff_1248

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Samsung s6. Battery drain

Hi all

Got my new Samsung s6 a week ago and loved it until. I noticed the battery drain. I end up charging the phone at least 2-3 times a day just to keep me going.

I use the Samsung fast charge that came with the kit to to charge.

I don't watch videos, listen to music or pay games all I do is check messages, read emails and browse the net. The battery just is ridiculous. I usually leave it to charge over night.

One example :

Was 100% charge at 9 am. By 1 pm I noticed it was already down to 35% on normal use. I admit I check the phone now and then for messages and stuff.

I tried everything from downloading greenify to hibernate apps. Cleared partition cache, disabled most apps, regularly close all apps from the task manager as well as smart manager. Set screen brightness to as low as possible.

Not sure what else to do

I downloaded gsam to monitor the battery drain and shows android system use about 50% of battery and the rest is the screen.

Any thoughts??? I just recharged the phone so no point taking a pic of the battery stat's. I'll wait for it to drop to around 50% and the add a pic

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung s6. Battery drain

Hello! Unfortunately the S6 has generally poor battery life. It seems to be the norm with this phone. Make sure you have done the usual thing to improve battery life like turn down screen brightness and toggle services like location and wifi when not in use. If possible, having a wireless charger at work helps a lot. Good luck!

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

GSAM has the ability to show you minutes of CPU used to get that percentage of usage. You might check to see if that tells you something. Also in GSAM check the temperature chart. Is it running hot? Is the Facebook app active (logged in)?

I've seen a phone start off hot while indexing photos and events for Google Now cards.

Your battery usage is NOT normal and should be correctable.

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site

I noticed something a week or 2 ago that was eating battery. This may or may not help you but it is worth a shot.

Go to settings>accounts and check if you have a Samsung account with an error. mines was trying to sync every few minutes and samsung servers weren't responding and I definitely seen an improvement

okimar

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
There have been several reports of this issue, but it's definitely unusual.

I'm also using an S6 Active and have seen in the blogs that running the latest update seems to fix the issue.

Tip: Make sure you empty your cashe files before downloading the update.

There is also a possibility of some malware being on your phone, so delete the non-essential apps and try to pay attention to apps that want too many permissions within your device during installation.

Posted via the Android Central App

Alextodd1

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site

Charge your phone after powering it off, then check. In most cases it does the job really well. Just in case if that does not help you to solve your problem. Then you need to make sure that the charging connector is not water damaged, if it is then replace it. And the last thing that you can do is to charge your phone with some other charger, maybe that will help. Always make sure to charge your phone with a normal charger.

Est_XCIV

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

Is using smart network switch going to help me save some battery because I live in a ace with bad connection sometimes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol