I want to upload pictures from my Galaxy S6 to my HP laptop but don't know how
    01-17-2016 03:41 PM
    The easiest way is to utilize the Google Photos service. It's an automatic backup service with free unlimited storage of pictures and videos. If you don't have the app, you can find it here : https://photos.google.com/apps

You can plug the phone into your laptop with a USB (and select MTP), and access the files in the DCIM folder, but with Photos, it does it's thing in the background and you can just go on the Photos site to access.

And if you use Google Drive, it has a setting to sync all the pictures and photos locally.

Great service with some cool features... I highly recommend it.
    01-17-2016 05:20 PM
    LeoRex, does that copy the pictures in original quality?

My preference to do a backup of all photos is to connect a USB3 cable directly and then set the phone to USB3 mode. Then the phone's internal storage and SC card are fully accessible from My Computer.
    01-17-2016 05:58 PM
    Feldon, that or an app like WiFi File Transfer if you want to save your microUSB port some wear, will copy in the original quality (it copies files either way - and a file copy is bit-for-bit the same as the original).
    Laura Knotek and Feldon like this.
    01-17-2016 06:28 PM
    LeoRex, does that copy the pictures in original quality?
    If you want... But it would count against the normal Drive quota.

I've done a fair amount of comparison and the compression they use is nearly indistinguishable from the original quality. It's a mild compression. Videos are a bit more compressed.

Another option is to use an app like FolderSync and push up to OneDrive, or Box, etc.

I'm all for cloud backups. Phones break, hard drives crash, etc.
    Feldon likes this.
    01-17-2016 08:50 PM
    Definitely in favor of cloud backups. Was just wondering as far as copying all the photos off the phone and onto a PC, I'd want them in the best possible quality. Rukbat, I use Wifi FTP. Very similar concept.
    01-18-2016 10:38 AM