I have encrypted my Galaxy S6, but it still says I have to update my security settings?

A

AC Question

I have encrypted my Galaxy S6, but it still says I have to update my security settings.

I am trying to set up my work email on my Samsung Galaxy S6. It requires encryption and I did press the "encrypt device". I know it takes a long time and did it overnight. It shows a very faded "Verizon" logo during encryption - including after the overnight period. I had to restart the phone. It still keeps telling me I have to update my security settings for the work email and asks me if I want to encrypt the device.

Any idea what's going on? Thanks.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: I have encrypted my Galaxy S6, but it still says I have to update my security settings.

Have you verified that it is encrypted? If you rebooted it before it was done, then it's gonna revert back to standard security.

Also keep in mind, backup anything you want to save as once you encrypt your device, you will lose everything if you want to unencrypt the device.

NillaWfer

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: I have encrypted my Galaxy S6, but it still says I have to update my security settings.

I encrypted overnight. Should it take ~8 hours to encrypt?

How do I back up? Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie