Samsung pay question / unlocked Galaxy S6

jimmyjam22

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi All, This is my first Samsung Galaxy (model SM-G920I) purchased new from amazon, so far I'm loving it!
It didn't come preloaded with Samsung Pay App as expected.
For the record, I'm running android lolipop on Cricket wireless, A sister AT&T company. Problem is I can't download Samsung Pay from the play store. The error message seen on the play store app says quote: "your device isn't compatible with this version" I've emailed Samsung and the developer but no answer to date.
Any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance.
J

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
^^^idk if he knows what he's talking about. Samsung Pay supposedly is a carrier specific thing from what I've seen. I've read that even tho our phones (I feel your pain I have G920i on T-Mobile) I doubt will ever get it.

The ONLY hope I see is that it comes pre-installed with 6.0 (because other samsung phones that only have NFC is supposed to get samsung pay)

But I could be wayyyyy off and for all I know samsung already announced plans but I haven't seen anything

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It's be a known fact that international variants of the S6 will not have Samsung Pay for a long while.

Carrier specific is only partially right. US models support Samsung Pay but international are not. Doesn't matter what carrier you are on with the international device. The system is looking at your device model # when trying to install the app or use if if you try to side load the frameworks and Samsung Pay app.

jimmyjam22

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks all for replys and some useful information.
I do hope that 6.0 will have it with the update, time will tell.
JMO those Samsung galaxy TV commercials (samsung pay) are a bit misleading in my opinion if only some S6 have the capability.
J

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12