GS6 suddenly sluggish

Turns31

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Both my wife and I have GS6's with Sprint. As of the last week or so both of our phones have become very slow. Typing is delayed, opening apps and windows takes twice as long as before. For instance when opening a text, I click on the bar to type a response and the whole phone freezes for at least 5 sec. I'm only at like 2/3 storage capacity and baby this thing. I've restarted many times with no luck. If it were just mine I would think hardware issue but since it's happening to both of ours I'm wondering if it's software.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
You got them at the same time I'm guessing so they are getting cluttered up at the same time. Try a cache cleaning and then a factory reset if that doesn't do it. Have you been with Sprint long? Have you had other phones on their network? Had them twice in years past and their phones never seem to work right. Sorry, but they are the absolute worst.
if you get this sorted try a restart every morning. Can help.

Turns31

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I cleared the cache in both and reset mine last week. Might have made a small difference but hardly noticeable. I've been with Sprint for a couple years. Had the G3 last year with them. I live in KS where they're headquartered so the service is actually good here. Until this last month this has been my favorite phone. Just sad to see them bog down being less than a year old.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
When you said you reset, you mean a total back to factory specs, fresh outta the box, like new reset? You check the available RAM? I'm guessing a reset would have fixed that tho. Got a lot of apps? Anything new you or the wife downloaded lately? How's the SOT and battery life? Get warm at all? Also, if you have the Facebook app try it without it. Might help.
On Verizon mine runs quite cool, get 5+ hours SOT with the wifi calling my cell standby is very low. Have maybe 30 apps total. Charge over nite, every nite, all nite. Reboot every morning. Clear cache every month nor two. Never an issue. Hope you get it sorted out.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670