Why won't my S6 gallery videos play?

A

AC Question

S6 Gallery Videos Won't Play

Up to last night, the videos in my Gallery app worked fine. This morning, I again tried to watch some videos in my Gallery and found out that all videos no longer played. Youtube still works and photos are fine. But the videos themselves no longer work - whether it is a transferred file video or a video I took on my own camera.

I already deleted the cache from all apps PLUS the wipe all cache data option. Also restarted my phone a few times but nothing seems to work.

Also tried to access it via a USB cable on my laptop and the video files played on the computer so they're not corrupt.

Any advice??

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: S6 Gallery Videos Won't Play

do you get any error? does the video player even start or do you just see a black screen? have you tried a different video player like mx player or vlc?

KrisID

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
My videos worked fine yesterday, and now I just get a message "cant play video" on a black screen. I have tried everything! :(

AjRae84

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site

Up to last night, the videos in my Gallery app worked fine. This morning, I again tried to watch some videos in my Gallery and found out that all videos no longer played. Youtube still works and photos are fine. But the videos themselves no longer work - whether it is a transferred file video or a video I took on my own camera.

I already deleted the cache from all apps PLUS the wipe all cache data option. Also restarted my phone a few times but nothing seems to work.

Also tried to access it via a USB cable on my laptop and the video files played on the computer so they're not corrupt.

Any advice??

I'm having the same issue. All of a sudden my videos just won't play. Restarted phone 4 times not helped. Also issue wirh mirrorlink failing today too

AjRae84

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site

Fixed mine. Went to settings applications, application manager, top right you have more then click reset app preferences.
Click on your video chose open with video player. For some reason my setting changed to open with photo thats what stopped it playing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This has also been attributed to a recent Google+ update, and people are reporting that uninstalling updates fixed the problem. Apparently, re-updating Google+ doesn't bring the problem back.

markwasley

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site

You're relying on Gallery?! No wonder you've run into problems. Hop on to Google Play Store and install Video Player Perfect (HD) and you'll find life will be much easier. ☺

Posted via the Android Central App

Alahna samonova

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site

Fixed mine. Went to settings applications, application manager, top right you have more then click reset app preferences.
Click on your video chose open with video player. For some reason my setting changed to open with photo thats what stopped it playing.

OMG YOU SAVED ME FROM DELETING EVERY VIDEO ONMY PHONE ❤❤ Thank you

hfwildcat

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Just started a couple weeks ago or so. It's very annoying. If you go to your apps and go to video and find the video it will play. It just won't play from galler anymore. I hope they fix this!!

eddy4126

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site

Any advice??

just turn developer mode off on your s6 edge plus will work fine hope this helps

VoiceofAmerica

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

"just turn developer mode off on your s6 edge plus will work fine hope this helps"

That did it for me. Well and a reboot.
Now, kinda a pain as some of the developer mode I use. Hmmm.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams