After an upgrade to S6 (att carrier) I find I can't sent (forward) text messages to my email (home computer),, this wasn't a problem with the S4 I previously used,, had no problem sending SMS or MMS files from my phone to my email address,, I'm not talking about sending emails from my phone but using my message format,, I'm hearing I may need to download an "app" that would allow my S6 to do this,, is this correct ??
    02-01-2016 06:03 PM
    That's odd... In theory you shouldn't have an issue if your carrier supports MMS to e-mail, but if you just changed your phone and not your carrier, then I'm assuming that wouldn't be the issue.

I just tried with the stock Samsung app and Google's Messenger and they both send the message to my e-mail correctly. Do you get any error when you try to input an e-mail in the recipient field? Are you able to receive MMS since you upgraded? You might need your carrier to activate it or send you the correct settings.
    02-01-2016 06:22 PM
    Question
    After an upgrade to S6 (att carrier) I find I can't send (forward) text messages to my email (home computer),, this wasn't a problem with the S4 I previously used,, had no problem sending SMS or MMS files from my phone to my email address,, I'm not talking about sending emails from my phone but using my message format,, I'm hearing I may need to download an "app" that would allow my S6 to do this,, is this correct ??

ANSWER
    SpookDroid
    That's odd... In theory you shouldn't have an issue if your carrier supports MMS to e-mail, but if you just changed your phone and not your carrier, then I'm assuming that wouldn't be the issue.

I just tried with the stock Samsung app and Google's Messenger and they both send the message to my e-mail correctly. Do you get any error when you try to input an e-mail in the recipient field? Are you able to receive MMS since you upgraded? You might need your carrier to activate it or send you the correct settings.

Get no errors,, BTW - Wife’s phone (S4) still works allowing her to send items from her text message format to our computer,,
    Your site suggest adding “SMS to Text” app,,, is that really necessary,,
    02-01-2016 07:32 PM
    Hi--may I strongly suggest you register on this forum so that you can continue the discussion within the thread you started? It can be very difficult to find the previous thread you posted if you're unregistered. Thanks!

EDIT: Found the other thread and merged them.
    belodion and SpookDroid like this.
    02-01-2016 09:29 PM
    Thanks - I just registered, user ID - pmprice
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-02-2016 08:39 AM
    Does anyone have any suggestions for this problem,,, should I call customer support folks,, Samsung or my carrier ,ATT?? or both??
    02-02-2016 09:26 AM
    SpookDroid asked if you're otherwise able to send MMS messages from your current phone to any of your contacts (and I'm talking about their phone numbers, not their email addresses). If not, then there might be a problem with your mobile data connection or your APN settings.
    02-02-2016 11:03 AM
    Thanks B. Diddy!

pmprice, I would try to see if your phone can send/receive MMS first and like B.Diddy says, if it doesn't, it might be an issue with configuration. You shouldn't need a special app for that if the carrier supports MMS to e-mail.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-02-2016 12:30 PM