Samsung new S6 SOD - Black Screen, any suggestions?

Nancyqf

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
samsung new S6 SOD - Black Screen

Hello,
I'm new with my Samsung s6 phone (privious owner of s2, s3, core). Phone after one week of use reported the terrible Black Screen or Sleep of Death issue. I'm tired to try to come back to life this phone (we have seen this problem twice) we have tried all possible key combination that I read in some forums. Samsung does not give me support due that is an international version (SM-G920F) not supported in US. Seller warranty was 14 days (never msrp) Never means "never" buy from this people I could said. The thing is that we have seen the display of the phone, we know that is not broken, but we are not able to apply a reset to factory settings because when we turn off the phone - sometimes we could even the black screen that we don't see a thing, phone is unresponsive to Vol-Up + Power + Home. If a try a reset (vol down + power) phone will reset but black screen problem persist. I'm tired of this idle situation with a new phone. Don't know what else to do. With smart switch app shows "phone does not support initialization".
Is any other way to access the phone and try to make a factory reset? Any help? Hint? suggestion?

Nancyq

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung new S6 SOD - Black Screen

Welcome to Android Central! Who's the seller? The warranty was 14 days, or the return window? Has it already been past 14 days? If it hasn't, send it back for a refund. If it is past the return window, then contact Samsung International (not Samsung USA) for warranty repair. If the phone was truly new (and it's a genuine Samsung product), it ought to have a warranty that is honored by some part of Samsung--here's their International Warranty information: The Samsung International Warranty | SAMSUNG

It's also possible that you got a clone or knockoff device, but that's hard to tell now if it just doesn't boot up. Purchasing a device from a relatively unknown source is always risky.

Nancyqf

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

Hello,

Samsung was bought at ebay seller "never msrp" that by this moment don't answer any e-mails. warranty was for 14 days and pass. Bought phone on Nov 29, shipped by Dec. Samsung US don't care either. Told me to contact directly re-seller or carrier. (phone is unlocked obviously).

Thanks for your reply. I'm really disappointed with Samsung. They told me that they just covered international warranty thru carriers or re-sellers. ww warranty for phones does not exist just for tablets and machines..

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Open up a dispute with EBay. There is clearly something wrong with the device. THe fact that the warranty period of a mere 14 days has passed should not affect your rights.
Best of luck

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Can you confirm the black screen persists all of the time or do you get to see boot animations?

Nancyqf

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

Never saw the little green thing. The last time I tried to turn on phone with Vol up + Home + Power screen got with several white lines and then black screen appears. Vol Up and Vol dowm makes sounds, Lights for charge still work, home key works, but screen is dead. We have seen the screen just twice.1) when phone was taken from box. 2) when we charge phone and without any reset/boot phone turn on in normal condition.

Last edited:

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Holding volume down and power for 10 seconds seems to cure similar problems but I think you have a hardware issue as your efforts haven't worked. I would certainly expect to see the boot screen or recovery menu Vol-Up + Power + Home even if the file system was corrupt. I think it needs to be professionally looked at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz