What the heck is this floating App that just showed up today?

cariengon

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
On my Galaxy S6 screen, a new floating app that is in a light white circle, that looks like a remote control, appeared in the last 2 hours. Every time I click on it, it locks my screen so I can't use it and I have to do a soft reset in order to use my phone. I've gone through all Apps I have and can't find any settings in order to disable it. I've gone through the Settings/Accessibility/Dexterity and interactions and everything is already set to off. I have not downloaded any new apps, but it appears old apps were updated within the last day.

Please someone tell me how to get rid of this? If I accidentally touch it, it causes me to have to soft reset.

I've attempted to upload the screenshot of the app - it's in the top right corner.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-04-10-38-56[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2016-02-04-10-38-56[1].jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 155

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
it's for quick access to the Peel remote app from the lock screen, it should open the app, you can turn it off in the Peel app

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Check the user feedback for Peel in the app (sorry, "play") store - tons of people having the same issue with the floating remote.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This problem is mostly affecting S6, Note 4 and some HTC models. All of them with IR blaster.

The only problem I had with the Peel App is that whenever I would have my Note 4 or Note Edge next to me, the display would light up every few seconds and then go out and only stop doing this, when I would move it away from me. Once I disabled the Peel app, this problem stopped on both phones. If I enabled the app, the problem would begin all over again. I was able to tie it to the Peel app and no other app was causing this.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure this problem is affecting users in different ways and most of them won't notice any problem at all. It must be some specific configuration in the settings or a conflict with another app. Most likely something related to the lock screen, I guess :)

ricardogsr

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
How I can delete or turn off that app. Somebody can tell me step by step please and thanks. I'm talking about the remote control icon when I touch freeze my phone.

Wes-jmo

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
it's for quick access to the Peel remote app from the lock screen, it should open the app, you can turn it off in the Peel app
Same problem this end on my Huawei P9. This app appeared on my phone weeka ago but I've since removed it. But this white dot on grey dot quick access tool appeared yesterday and is stuck to the side of my screen. There is no trace of the app on my phone now, any ideas peeps?

TEXGUY33

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
Interesting. Check the user feedback for Peel in the app (sorry, "play") store - tons of people having the same issue with the floating remote.

I have the tiny round floater too. I constantly shows a % on its face. When I tic it, it says Done, but never goes away.