Why Does My Samsung Galaxy S6 Screen Dims Then Locks?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy S6 Screen Dims Then Locks

Hello,

Something weird happened today on my Samsung Galaxy S6, and no matter how much I've Googled after answers, I can't seem to find anything similar to this. That's why I hope that maybe you guys know anything about this occurrence.

I turned on my phone today and noticed a button on the top right on my screen (which I don't know the name of) after entering my pin code, so I pushed it and then my whole screen dimmed, expect for a line on the top and on the bottom. I could turn the screen on and off multiple times, but no matter what I pushed on the screen, it wouldn't select. I even got called at this moment, but the screen wouldn't respond. I had to hold the "volume down" button and the power button and hold for a few seconds to force it to turn off. Turning off the usual way wouldn't respond as well.

After I got my phone to start again, everything seemed to have gone back to normal, which is fine. But still I wonder, what was that?

Hope you guys know :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Screen Dims Then Locks

Welcome to the forums. Probably some kind of software glitch. Hopefully it doesn't come back.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The Peel smart remote app has been giving lots of people problems, that was last week and i believe they have issued an update to fix that problem. I mention this as you said a button on the top right of your screen.