Can I move pictures from Google Photos back to Gallery folder on S6?

A

AC Question

I recently had to do a factory reset on my S6. All my pictures were backed up to Google Photos. I want to copy some of them back to my gallery folder so I can view them on my Gear S. Is there any way to do this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's no Gallery folder in Android. Media Scanner scans the entire phone for media files and builds a database of them when you start the phone or do a media-related thing (like snap a picture). Gallery looks in the database to see what pictures there are for it to display.

You can copy the pictures (using a file manager) from any folder to any other folder, or you can plug the phone into a computer and copy any photo on the phone to the computer.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just go into Google Photos, & download the photos you want. They will be in the downloads folder in you gallery app.

Posted via the Android Central App

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Open the photo you want to download, then click the 3 dot menu in the top right corner, then choose download.

Posted via the Android Central App

CSPS

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
I've used Google since the beginning of time, first time I have read how to download from Google Photos!!! And not Google Drive!! Thank you Rukbat!! It's been SO frustrating for so long! This worked!!

Last edited:

CSPS

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
I've used Google since the beginning of time, first time I have read how to download from Google Photos!!! It's been SO frustrating for so long! This worked. Thank you very much!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay