What is this symbol and why is it causing my Samsung6 to completely lock up?

A

AC Question

I don't know how to attach a photo of this symbol but it looks a phone face with two wavy lines above it. It is there recently when I turn on the phone and if touched inadvertently everything is locked up - can't turn off the symbol, can't turn off the phone, can't make a call - no interaction between finger and phone. How do I get rid of this?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. You can longpress the power button to simulate a battery pull. As for what it is...do you have the Peel remote app? If so, try uninstalling or disabling it.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like the Peel remote issue. Golfdriver97, any way you can get a sticky posted about this as there have been a TON of posts about this recently. Every time I come in it seems there are a few more new ones.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the Peel remote issue. Golfdriver97, any way you can get a sticky posted about this as there have been a TON of posts about this recently. Every time I come in it seems there are a few more new ones.

I'm not opposed to the idea. I will look for a thread with a photo and stick it tonite.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not opposed to the idea. I will look for a thread with a photo and stick it tonite.

To be fair, I think this post was in the Ask a Question forum when I replied to it. Can it be stickied in both places? There are quite a few posts there pertaining to this "issue", 2 on the first page, but they seem to multiply periodically.

Here's one that has an image in it... http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/640115-what-floating-remote-icon-my-screen.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670