Why is my phone changing and skipping songs on its own?

A

AC Question

Ok I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and it seems whenever I have my headphones plugged in my phone skips songs, pauses and randomly plays songs. I can even close spotify down for my phone to reopen it and play songs. Any idea what's going on? It's obviously down to the headphone socket maybe but thats as far as i can guess. Anyone else had this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Some headphones may not be fully compatible with all devices (especially if they're designated as "Made for iPhone"). Do other headphones that have Pause/Play controls work normally in the phone?

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Does this happen all the time or in certain situations? Mine will skip randomly if I've been working out or mowing the lawn. I've deduced that it's my sweat messing with the in line controls. If I switch to a pair of ear buds without those controls I don't have the problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

GoalsAndHorses

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
They're iphone headphones but that has nothing to do with it because they worked without any problems for like 5 month since getting the phone. And yeah it started whilst in the gym and phone bouncing in pocket, now it continues to just walking anywhere and even just shaking my a phone a bit will encourage it to start doing what it wants.

OriginalMrC

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Its the inline controls on your headphones causing problems. Try headphones without any inline controls, I bet it wont happen.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx