Low light shots with my S6 (I don't think 12mp was a good move)

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
OK guys this is just my opinion on the megapixel war that's been going on. Now I know megapixels ain't everything thing but I personally think Samsung did a horrible move.

A lot of YouTube reviews talk about how when zooming in on the pictures you can definitely tell from loss of quality (I'm more upset about 16:9 being removed until you drop to 9mp)

Now tell me, the pictures I'm posting below... would you consider them "bad"? I think they are fantastic. I take night pics how I think they should be taken and they come out great. I dont need the whole area to be lighted up I am very happy with these results tbh let me know what you think

(PS: I am not sure if the site I'm using will display the full resolution so you might have to open the image)

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
They look fine to me having come from a cell phone. If you really want to "shoot" night photos pick up a proper camera.

not really the point but you bring up a good question, why is everyone taking low light pics so serious on cell phone cameras

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
pics look good don't worry about it. considering the camera lens in a mobile phone is about 1cm i think the quality we get from our phones camera is remarcable

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The pics look OK. However, it appears you lowered the exposure to -2 (presumably to reduce noise). As a result much of the detail in the pics is lost. Also there are no moving objects that would have caused motion blur. Among the benefits of the larger pixels associated with 12 MP are:
- You would not have had to lower the exposure as you did and you could have seen more of what was going on in the pictures.
- If there were any moving objects there would be less motion blur

This is really important because most cell phone pics taken inside suffer from distortion or motion blur due to low light. The S7's camera is much better in this regard.

mariusfilip

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
no offense but without an S7 direct comparison the 12mp argument is useless, so are the pictures, my friend has an S7, i have the S6, in ultra low light the S7 is a winner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech