Why has my S6 interface gone black after the Marshmallow update?

A

AC Question

S6 interface gone black after marshmallow update

I updated to Android Marshmallow (6.0.1) last night on my Samsung Galaxy S6 (bought in August) and everything was fine, apart from a few minor glitches. This morning I turned my phone on and I couldn't read anything in the settings app because the background was all black, as were my messages, contacts and other default apps. This is the same regardless of what theme I apply to my phone (I am currently on the touchwiz default theme for marshmallow). I have wiped the cache partition and restarted the phone multiple times and the problem still persists. Has anyone else experienced this problem/can anyone help?!?!

Katieluvsalt

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I have an account now :)
The screen is on, everything is functioning normally (other than random restarts) except for the fact that the colours of default apps have become black

rog maus

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I have also just updated and now my screen glitches with artefacts when on lock screen and doesn't respond very quickly to activating the screen once i press the home button. Have cleared cache and performed factory reset.

Katieluvsalt

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Did the factory reset help at all? I really don't want to do that due to the pain of getting all my apps and settings back (yes I do back up frequently but there's only such an extent to which you can restore on android)
I have sent Samsung support an email, awaiting a reply :(

rog maus

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: S6 interface gone black after marshmallow update

No didn't help. Turning it to ultra power saver for an hour seems to have helped at the moment. Will keep an eye on it

Posted via the Android Central App

rog maus

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: S6 interface gone black after marshmallow update

No I lied turning to ultra power saving hasn't helped at all

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz