Fast Cable Charging - Turns off when I plug standard charger in.

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Just noticed today that if I have fast cable charging enabled in my settings and plug in my charger it automatically turns off, if I then remove the charger it turns back on again.

I updated to Marshmallow around a week ago and I am using the charger and cable supplied with the phone.

Maybe fast charging is disabled if the phone is above a certain percentage, I plugged in around 57% Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Andy.

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
It's in the battery section of the settings.....right at the bottom.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 9494.jpg
    9494.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 51

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Think I've figured this one out,

When you plug the charger in the toggle is 'greyed out' rather than turned off. So it looks like it just stops you from toggling between normal/fast charging once the cable is plugged in.

Czf2

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

Just noticed today that if I have fast cable charging enabled in my settings and plug in my charger it automatically turns off, if I then remove the charger it turns back on again.

I updated to Marshmallow around a week ago and I am using the charger and cable supplied with the phone.

Maybe fast charging is disabled if the phone is above a certain percentage, I plugged in around 57% Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Andy.

Andy... This might Sound strange.. but I had the exact same problem... and it was driving me mad! So just for ****s and giggles (because I was becoming so frustrated) I put the charger cord in upside down!! Turns out I was connecting it the wrong bloody way! The smooth part should face downwards and the side with the wee lines on it should face upwards when inserting it into the phone..

Might not be your issue but it worked for me... now I'm back to 1 hr max fast charge... instead of 6+ hrs!

lever2000

May 4, 2017
Visit site
I have a quick charge Belkin Cable and that one u can Stick it both ways but one way is really slow, that's for an LG G5 though

Dave Grimm

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
I think this has got to be my issue. These new USB-C fast charging chargers are oval shaped, so it's completely possible to plug it in both ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC