Case - Yes. Screen Protector - on the fence (help)

dayoungtx

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
So I have a brand new shiny S6. LOVE THIS PHONE.

Put a nice slim case on it, which offer a lip that ensure the screen won't touch even when face down. So far, this screen is surprisingly fingerprint and dirt resistant.

Question is should I go ahead and put a screen protector on as well? Do most of you have one?? If anyone is rocking the phone with a case and no protector how scratch resistant is the phone?

Thanks!

HAWK

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I put a otterbox defender on mine just because I like feeling like I'm holding something in my hand, and I'm safe knowing of I drop it or throw it in my jacket pocket with keys I'm not worried.... however if you don't mind the small form factor and little hairline scratches go for it. It's a personal preference

yaddam205

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used a screen protector in 5 years. I specifically look for cases with a generous lip to avoid any contact with flat surfaces and have yet to have a problem. I vote no.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Personally I have been messing around for years trying to find the perfect case / screen protector combo.
I have found, at least for me, the best combo. I used an OtterBox Defender, but I rip off the crappy plastic screen protector, and use a
Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector. Works amazing, looks amazing, protects amazing.
Paid like 5 bucks for it on Ebay.

Cheers

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Get a tempered glass screen protector. Feels just like no screen protector at all!

Posted via the Android Central App

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I use a Spigen case which I'm really happy with but I have struggled to find a screen protector that works with the S6. It looks like some people have found some that do but I have tried 3 different tempered glass ones and haven't found one that doesn't leave bubbles round the edge.

So, I have a case but no screen protector, 1 year in and no scratches or screen damage.

dayoungtx

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Decided to go with the case (tech21 clear slim case) and a tempered glass screen protector. I have a history of getting fine scratches on my phones and they end up bugging me, so figured this was best course of action. Phone still feels great in my hand and has a very slim profile and the screen protector has not had any impact on screen visibility or sensitivity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae