Device Updated to 6.0.1 - Couple of issues with Text-to-Speech and Garmin App

GingerPhotographer

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi

This morning my mobile device updated to Android 6.0.1 and I'm having the following issues:

Garmin Connect Mobile Crashes when trying to Open - Uninstalled and Reinstall does not fix!

After searching the Garmin forums I come across a thread that supports a quick fix using the following:

For a work-around, please change Samsung's TTS (text to speech) engine to use the default Google engine. The list of engines can be found at settings > General > Language and input > Text-to-speech options (although the path may vary depending on the model of Samsung (or other phone) you're using).

However when I try to open "Language and input" again just like the Garmin App I get the following "Unfortunately, settings has stopped.

I've restarted the device, cleared the Cache and turned on Google Location Services as pointed out by Garmin but to no avail!

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

DC Droid User

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi

This morning my mobile device updated to Android 6.0.1 and I'm having the following issues:

Garmin Connect Mobile Crashes when trying to Open - Uninstalled and Reinstall does not fix!

After searching the Garmin forums I come across a thread that supports a quick fix using the following:

However when I try to open "Language and input" again just like the Garmin App I get the following "Unfortunately, settings has stopped.

I've restarted the device, cleared the Cache and turned on Google Location Services as pointed out by Garmin but to no avail!

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

CNiss

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue until today and it was very frustrating however I think I just solved it. I am not a tech person so I don't know if there is a downside to doing this, but I am able to use the Garmin app again.

The error has something to do with Samsung's text to speech update. I don't know why, but it does. I went into the applications manager and forced stopped Samsung text to speech and then it gave me the option to uninstall the update. If you do this, your settings will stop force quitting on you in the text to speech folder. At that point you need to change your default TTS to google and VOILA. It should now work.

Recap:
1. Go to applications manager and force stop Samsung Text to Speech
2. Uninstall update to Samsung Text to Speech
3. Go to Setting > Language and Input > Text to Speech and select Google Text to Speech
4. Download Connect again.

Again I do not know if there are any adverse affects to this, but it does let me use my Garmin again so for right now that is all I care about.

Enjoy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1