Anyone having this problem.. please help

laurasigle

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge.
Ive only had it for a few months, however the other day out of nowhere I got a black screen. The phone is on and still working in the back ground (I can hear phone calls, messages and notifications coming through), however I cannot see anything.
Then the weirdest thing happened, at 9pm on the dot, when the night clock on the edge came on my phone started working like theres nothing wrong with it.
Then at 7am the next morning when the night clock switched off, boom the phone is back to the black screen and still working in the background.
So now every 12 hours I have to re set the night clock so I can use the phone.
Has anyone experienced this problem..
I called the phone carrier that I bought it from but they wont really help me because they think it past the warranty stage (which they only give 3 weeks).
Any ideas what is going on with my phone?

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
night clock? what night clock? it sounds like an app is set to turn screen or brightness off between these times. and if the app is poorly coded it can turn the brightness so low that it looks like the screen is off.

laurasigle

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I havnt tried a factory reset yet, i'll try that today.
The night clock i'm talking about is the side bar on the edge that normally comes on at a certain time. So when your phone is on lock a little clock with notifications comes up on the side, it's usually set at night and you can only set it for 12 hours at a time but even 12 hours I have to re set it so that I can continue to see the screen. It definitely does not have anything to do with the brightness setting as I have it turned right up.

laurasigle

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm worried that If I disable that clock I wont get the screen to work again.. the screen only works when the clock is on.
how do I do a clear cache?

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I once thought my phone completely died but it was just the brightness all the way low, and I couldn't see where the slider was so I had to guess but eventually I fixed it