Fingerprint scanner stopped working - won't recognise pin or google, no samsung acc, reset didnt wo

annoyed1980

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I recently bought a Galaxy s6 from my mobile provider 3. I had it set to fingerprint scan. Today after working perfectly fine before it decided to simply not recognise my fingerprints! It would not recognise my pin, or my google account information (which are 100% correct). Samsung find my mobile only has my old device listed, not this one so there was no way to unlock via that method. After exhausting 3 hours going round in circles I decided to bite the bullet and lose all my photos and apps etc by doing a hard reset, just to get the BLOODY THING working again!!!! Only to find when the phone reboots it now says "This device is locked due to an abnormal factory reset" and wants me to sign in with a samsung account which i don't have.

OH MY GOD!!!!

This is honestly the most insanely stupid device i have EVER owned in my entire adult life. How utterly ridiculous that I am unable to get into my own phone.

How do I solve this? It's currently 3.30am and I need my phone for work. I've already (presumably) lost all my data, and I STILL can't get into the stupid thing.

Who do I call? Three? Samsung? Any workarounds for this? I do not care if it's legal or illegal, I just want back into the damn thing!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's frustrating. If it's asking for your Samsung account, you may have created one at some point but subsequently forgotten about it, considering how many different accounts and passwords the average user has to create. Try recovering your Samsung account by going to the sign-in page and clicking "Forgot your ID or password": https://account.samsung.com/account/check.do

annoyed1980

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I tried that which is how i found out i had an old samsung phone registered. This device however is not listed, and there seems to be no way to add it retrospectively. As of mid afternoon today I still cannot get into my phone, it is now a brick!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you call or chat with a Samsung support person?

Also, I assume you're in the UK--are there any Samsung Experience stores near you?

annoyed1980

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
You know the final straw?

I have to SEND IT BACK TO SAMSUNG TO BE RE-FLASHED! Can you believe it?

Apparently there is some utterly idiotic setting whereby if the phone wasn't initially linked with a samsung account (Like mine wasn't) and it then undergoes a hard reset at any point, the phone is BRICKED, completely and utterly locked without any possibility of a fix other than sending it back to samsung.

So now I've had to request proof of purchase from three, then send that to samsung, who will pick up the phone, re-flash it (which apprently requires dismantling the whole entire motherboard!!!!!) and then I'll get in back in around 7 - 10 days.

Worst phone, and worst company ever. Getting rid of it and going back to IPhone.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
You know the final straw?

I have to SEND IT BACK TO SAMSUNG TO BE RE-FLASHED! Can you believe it?

Apparently there is some utterly idiotic setting whereby if the phone wasn't initially linked with a samsung account (Like mine wasn't) and it then undergoes a hard reset at any point, the phone is BRICKED, completely and utterly locked without any possibility of a fix other than sending it back to samsung.

So now I've had to request proof of purchase from three, then send that to samsung, who will pick up the phone, re-flash it (which apprently requires dismantling the whole entire motherboard!!!!!) and then I'll get in back in around 7 - 10 days.

Worst phone, and worst company ever. Getting rid of it and going back to IPhone.

might be too late, but when you first loaded up the phone and went through the initial set-up it would have asked you for your Samsung log in details, if you didn't have any it would have asked you to set some up. Mines is just my bog standard email add and normal password - have you given this a go?

Also, have you spoken to Three about your issue, if you've just recently bought the device they might be able to swap it for you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith