Messaging Problems "Post" Marshmallow! - HELP!

Matthew Osborn

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi, my wife and I just updated our phones (both of them Samsung Galaxy S6 model SM-G920I) to Android 6.0.1. Everything seemed to be working fine until I noticed problems with the default messaging app (Messages Version 2.0.94). Neither one of us can send or receive any kind of media (mostly pictures). It just keeps sending for a few minutes and then sends a failure notice. The app can't seem to receive pictures either. I've scoured the internet and can find any information on this. Is there anything I can do to fix this without installing a third party SMS app?

Posted via the Android Central App

jhousden9

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like an issue with carrier settings to me. Have you tried looking on Google for these settings for your particular carrier?

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, my wife and I just updated our phones (both of them Samsung Galaxy S6 model SM-G920I) to Android 6.0.1. Everything seemed to be working fine until I noticed problems with the default messaging app (Messages Version 2.0.94). Neither one of us can send or receive any kind of media (mostly pictures). It just keeps sending for a few minutes and then sends a failure notice. The app can't seem to receive pictures either. I've scoured the internet and can find any information on this. Is there anything I can do to fix this without installing a third party SMS app?

Hi Mathew, it does sound like the [ APN Access Point Name ] settings need to be adjusted. Either go to your carrier store [as part of their customer service] or if the store isn't handy the carrier's website will have correct APN settings listed for your model of phone with instructions on how to make changes. It's not unusual to need settings corrected after a device update. The APN settings that you need to correct are likely the MMS settings for multimedia, like pictures etc..

You can check yourself by going to Settings / Mobile Networks / Access Point Names / *edit* mode

If those settings are correct and you still have problems, at least you've ruled out that being an issue.

Last edited:

Matthew Osborn

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
THANK YOU! It's fixed. Double checking and changing the APN Settings did the trick! I don't know why I Didn't think of that before.

gooseman47

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
How about sharing the procedure you used to do this. My APN settings are greyed out and I don't know if the settings I see are correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol