IT Guy Stuck! Galaxy S6 - No Internet On Wifi. How can I get it working?

A

AC Question

IT Guy Stuck! Galaxy S6 - No Internet On Wifi

Phone: Galaxy S6 on Verizon

Problem: When connected to wifi I cannot connect to the internet. Soon as I disable wifi and connect to my mobile data the internet works fine.

Troubleshooting: I have access to 3 separate modems, each with their own wireless router. I have the issue on all 3 while other people are using them just fine. I have also tried hard shutting down the phone, checking for updates, and verified my time, date, and timezone are correct and set to update automatically.

I'm a Sys Admin for a large organization. Just putting that out there so you know you can go hard on me. I've done everything I can think of.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: IT Guy Stuck! Galaxy S6 - No Internet On Wifi

Hi & Welcome to Android Forums!

Have you done a recent major upgrade to the Android Version?

Other things to try:

1. Turn Airplane mode on (stops all radios) then reboot, then turn AP Mode back off, Reboot and see if problem exists.
2. Go into recovery and Clear Cache Partition, it will reboot, see if problem exists.

Let us know, and please register with us, its FREE & EASY!

Thanks

Chris

rav3nsfan

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for the quick response. There have been no recent upgrades to the Android version that I'm aware of. I'm running stock, 5.1.1. The last applied update from Verizon says Dec 11th, 2015. Everything was working well. Earlier this morning I had Clash of Clans open while on wifi, then it suddenly disconnected me and then I've had the issue ever since.

I tried your first suggestion and no change. Then I cleared my Application Cache, shutdown, went into recovery, wiped the System Cache Partition, and let the phone reboot. Still no luck. I can verify that my phone is properly connected to the wireless router. I even have a ping application that allows me to ping the router. I just cannot ping outside of the router. Again, everyone else in my office has their phones and laptops connected to the same 3 wireless routers without any issue.

I'm still open to any and all suggestions! Thanks!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Hmmm....goto Settings> Wifi>More>Smart Network Switch. ..make sure it's off. Then back to More>Advanced. See if you have a Mac and IP Address.

Attachments

• 1459273396284.jpg
    1459273396284.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 1459273407943.jpg
    1459273407943.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 9

rav3nsfan

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Smart Network Switch is turned off and I verified I have both a MAC address and IP address. My IP address is 192.168.1.122 which matches the subnet of the router. I feel like this is a tough one to solve. It's almost like the DNS settings within the phone are hosed only when connected to wifi. Is there any way to release and renew the IP address or flush DNS like in Windows? I'm shooting out random thoughts since I'm stumped.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

The Last Resort of course, but should fix it, is a full factory reset. Im the type of person that whenever I run into issues like this, I just do the factory reset and call it a day! However there are some, and that may be you who absolutely fear that. Lol.

I would recommend doing a full backup your phone, using Smart Switch or equivalent. Then do a factory reset which should fix the issues.

rav3nsfan

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Fixed! I have no idea what actually fixed it though. Your link was correct and I've done the hard shutdown twice before making this thread by holding down the power and volume down buttons. I did it again and it's working fine now. Maybe it was a combination of some of the other stuff we did and then hard shutting down using the power/volume down buttons? I'm not sure, but it's all good now. Factory reset was going to be my last resort haha. Thank you for your help! If there's anyway I can give you positive upvotes or points on the forums, let me know! Thanks!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

That's awesome. You can just hit the Like button on all my posts, and that'll help me. Just glad you got the problem resolved! Please let me know if you need anything else!

Chris

rav3nsfan

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Ah, I had to switch to IE to see the Like buttons. They were present on Chrome. All set. Thanks again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2