How can I un-mute a contact?

Ian Twining

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Muted contact

Somehow I've managed to mute a contact on my Galaxy S6 so that I don't know when they are calling or if I receive a message from them. I've no idea how I've done this as all my other contacts work fine. How do I reverse this so that I receive notifications and calls from that contact again. Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Ian Twining

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: Muted contact

Hi Mike,

unfortunately no it doesn't :-(. The numbers isn't blocked it just doesn't ring or notify me when I get a message from this contact. There is a small mute symbol next to the contacts name but I've no idea what I did to get it there or how to remove it. As it's the girlfriends number as well she now thinks I'm ignoring her lol

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Somehow I've managed to mute a contact on my Galaxy S6 so that I don't know when they are calling or if I receive a message from them. I've no idea how I've done this as all my other contacts work fine. How do I reverse this so that I receive notifications and calls from that contact again. Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Go into contacts, go to that entry, and edit it. Set the ringtone to default, as long as default isn't silent. If default is silent, then set to something else.

1234Chambers

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem. And this does not fix the problem. I have deleted and re-added the contact and it is still muted.:-[

I had the same problem but this worked.

In the contact SMS screen where messages are displayed press the down arrow next to the contact name.
Once in the new screen turn on notifications and that will fix your problem.

Stylis_HD

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
You sir, are the real MVP. Accidentally muted a conversion while phone was in my pocket and tried everything logical (like all kinds of settings) but #7 was the solution for my S6.

Estelis23

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
# 7 WORKED FOR MY SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE

Go to your messages click on the contact you wish to unmute, there is an downward arrow next to the contact press it and you will see notifications just turn it on. :)

george el-sabbagh

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site

Thanks

Open the conversation and next to the contacts name there should be an arrow... turn on the notifications for that contact

Chelsie Dotson

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

Thanks

Hi, I was actually just having the name issue and looked through everything until I did this! When you click under the persons messages where there name is there is an arrow next to it click that and make it should say notification switch it to on and then it turned mute off. Hope it helps for you to !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz