I bought a Samsung S6 about a month ago. The phone is absolutely in new shape still. Never had a problem with it until yesterday, I went for swimming and I took couple of pictures there while my hands still were wet. I assume, when I left the phone on the chair there were few droplets of water on the home screen button of my phone and some on the screen. After I came home that's when the problem started. It said some apps were closed due to overheating issue. Then I did the factory data reset. When I turned the phone on, I could not even set it up fully. It again said the apps were closed due to overheating issue. Then the phone was shut down. I left the phone in a bag of rice. After 4 hours I again tried resetting the phone but due to the same problem the phone shut down by itself. The phone turns on but it shuts down within 5 minutes or less. I can't even charge the phone for ten seconds. I still have the phone inside the bag of rice. Any advice would really be appreciated.
    03-31-2016 01:14 AM
    Hi, it's hard to say for definite that the water damage is what is causing the over heating on the phone. Have you tried speaking to Samsung to see if they might repair the phone? you never know, it might not be water damage and they replace the device.
    03-31-2016 02:43 AM
    Unfortunately the warranty time expired a month and a half ago. I am thankful that the S6 turned on today and I was able to factory reset the device. It was inside a zip lock bag filled half with uncooked rice. It was inside the bag almost 14 hours (presumably). But I noticed something strange, when I was charging the phone there was a sudden spark at the bottom where the USB port is. It happened after 10/15 minutes of charging. I was scared but afterwards I plugged the USB in with the computer and it seemed to charge fine. Don't know if it is entirely safe though. Hopefully it helps out others who have had water damage on their Samsung Galaxy S6. Never thought this high end phone would be so fragile that a few droplets could affect it crudely.
    03-31-2016 09:53 PM