04-10-2017 12:48 AM
148 123 ...
tools
    Downloaded and installed earlier this afternoon. Played around for a few minutes and the phone seems faster for sure. One thing thats bugging me is there are now 2 lock screens. I have to swipe the 1st screen, then enter my pin on the 2nd screen. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Im on verizon, if that helps.

Im also reading the update was recently pulled by verizon on both AC comments and also Reddit threads. Whats up?
    andrew wood4 likes this.
    04-01-2016 09:31 PM
    mine works the same way it did before the update.
    04-02-2016 09:57 AM
    Mine also requires a swipe before I and use the pattern lock. Prior to the update would go directly to the pattern lock.
    04-02-2016 02:23 PM
    My trusted places on Smart Lock doesn't seem to work...is requiring fingerprint or PIN to unlock.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-02-2016 06:01 PM
    My trusted places on Smart Lock doesn't seem to work...is requiring fingerprint or PIN to unlock.

Working now.......

04-02-2016 06:58 PM
    I also have to swipe and then enter my pin to unlock.
    04-03-2016 07:46 AM
    Same here. I didn't have the swipe first before, just straight to my pattern.

<tap tap tap...>
    04-04-2016 12:28 PM
    Same issue on mine. Swipe up, then enter password, pattern, or code. I switched to fingerprint reader as that essentially bypasses both lockscreens (press the home button and keep your finger on it until it unlocks). Not a solution, but I prefer it over two lockscreens.
    Tyler Melancon likes this.
    04-04-2016 03:01 PM
    Downloaded and installed earlier this afternoon. Played around for a few minutes and the phone seems faster for sure. One thing thats bugging me is there are now 2 lock screens. I have to swipe the 1st screen, then enter my pin on the 2nd screen. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Im on verizon, if that helps.

Im also reading the update was recently pulled by verizon on both AC comments and also Reddit threads. Whats up?
    Did you figure out what the issue was?
    04-06-2016 08:29 AM
    No I havent had any luck yet.
    04-06-2016 01:10 PM
    No I havent had any luck yet.
    Are you using the fingerprint scanner or a PIN?
    04-06-2016 02:06 PM
    Got the marshmallow update today and I'm having the same issue.
    04-06-2016 02:37 PM
    This is the most annoying update in the history of mankind. Can someone please post if they have a solution. I see some people on the threads are stating they have solutions and they no longer have two lock screens but they arent posting the steps to achieve this which leads me to believe there are none atm.
    mbielik24 likes this.
    04-06-2016 02:53 PM
    Also having this issue with pattern unlock, no solution I can find.

Why would they change something so fundamental like this, making it clearly worse? Who the hell wants to swipe twice to unlock their phone? I'm very upset with Samsung right now.
    MandyCobb likes this.
    04-06-2016 03:32 PM
    On my Galaxy S6. Just updated to Marshmallow. I have pattern enabled for my lock screen but when i turn my phone on i have to swipe just to get to the pattern screen to unlock the phone. Any way to go back to what i had before the update where it is just a pattern to unlock and not a swipe to unlock the screen to get me to a second pattern lock screen to use my phone?!
    04-06-2016 05:27 PM
    I'm having the same issue and would like a fix as well.
    04-07-2016 12:13 PM
    Was researching this issue for my wife's S6. I have the LG G4 and the Marshmallow update is still annoying me.
    Anyway, here's what I've found on other forums. Seems like it's an "added benefit" in order to prevent pocket dialing. There are three things to do to "remove" this feature - all of which are non-options for my wife, but maybe one of you will benefit.
    1. Change your lock screen to swipe only
    2. Employ fingerprint scanning and use that exclusively
    3. Download another lock screen app/launcher (this requires a phone root to work properly and will knock out your ability to do things like Samsung pay/NFC payments and void warranties)
    Maybe if everyone complains loudly enough, Samsung will allow you to change it. It IS quite annoying.
    yaddam205 likes this.
    04-08-2016 07:56 AM
    Use a fingerprint lock to open the phone and you bypass the need for the two lock screens...
    04-08-2016 09:56 AM
    The lock screen apps do not help either. They make things worse with ads
    04-09-2016 03:45 PM
    How do we turn off? Ads and swipe before fingerprint unlock when charging is extremely annoying!
    04-11-2016 07:59 AM
    biometrics are notoriously awful. Fingerprints especially are bad, you can't change your fingerprints and you leave them in hundreds of places every day. This is nothing new in IT security, we've known how insecure fingerprints are for decades now. Badbadbadbadbadbadbad BAD idea

None the less, you still have to swipe to get to the point where you can use a fingerprint (I tested this despite the fact even testing fingerprints nearly gave me an aneurysm)

Third party apps aren't a great answer. Many are adware, many ADD more screens to swipe on in addition to the default google screens, the few from people I sort of trust (Microsoft) still have the same problem since they insist on "providing" quick links to apps on the home screen, so you have to swipe past those to get to the unlock.

Seriously, whatever happened to "I want nothing but emergency contacts and a way to unlock the phone, no other information available"? Am I the only security minded individual that doesn't like the idea of messages being visible from the unlock screen? What if I don't want to load apps from a single swipe?

Whatever happened to KISS? Tap button, draw unlock or swipe for list of emergency contacts.. why for the love of deity does anything else need to be mandatory? Here's hoping someone pulls their head out of their rectum soon and provides a fix (it really shouldn't be that hard to program in... really)
    04-11-2016 11:19 AM
    I read that the fingerprint unlock is better in the update but have yet to try it.

The point of going with the fingerprint was to use google pay. When that didn't work all the time I went with the password. NOW, I have to use the swipe and password even when I am at trusted places. Turned off NFC because I set it just to swipe.

Thank goodness for this long awaited update to change things for the worse.
    04-11-2016 07:08 PM
    I am also having this issue. Fingerprint is not a secure option for me, and I would like to return to the pattern without swiping first.
    04-15-2016 02:30 AM
    Don't worry guys...chuck is here to save the day

My note 5 did the. Same thing and pissed me off

After messing around for a few minutes it seems like your phone automatically double locks at the four hours as a double measure of security

To fix it go into settings, accessibility and turn the directions lock off

That's worked for me so far....
    Good luck hope it. Works
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-15-2016 01:17 PM
    oh, if only... Mine was already off.
    04-15-2016 01:39 PM
148 123 ...