Upgraded to Marshmallow this morning on my S6 with Verizon. So far I don't see any benefit, but there is one problem I'm having that I need to figure out.

I have been using an app called "good vibrations", which has always enabled me to get longer and more easily identifiable vibration notifications compared with the limited options available in lollipop. Good vibrations worked fine....you disabled the vibration setting in the individual app you wanted a vibration notification for, and then good vibrations would control the vib notification you would receive (you can customize or pick from among a long list of pre-set options). Now, after upgrading to marshmallow, good vibrations can no longer control the vibration notifications I am receiving. I've wiped cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, tried toggling things every which way....nothing. I am not doing another factory reset on the device...I've done too many of those in the past and if it comes to that again I'm going to iPhone.

Has anyone run into this, or figured out how to use a custom vibration notification app for email text, calendar and phone (I use all of the Samsung native apps for these)?

Thanks.
    04-02-2016 02:48 PM
    have you tried to contact the app maker?
    04-02-2016 06:37 PM
    Yep. Waiting for a reply. There's definitely an issue. I suspect it has something to do w/ the app's inability to access notifications. Hopefully the developer will have some helpful feedback.
    04-02-2016 08:09 PM
    My phone (Galaxy s5) just recently upgraded to marshmallow. It looks like the default built-in "create custom vibration" option is missing altogether from the OS. Or at least I have been searching through all of the settings and am no longer able to find it.
    I previously had a custom vibrate pattern for calls vs texts - after the upgrade not only did it change to some default vibration, but there is no longer an option to select or create a custom vibration.
    This could be a reason why an app based on custom vibrations is missing - a feature may have been (stupidly) removed from the OS.

In any case I am not too happy about the change.
    04-13-2016 05:14 PM
    My phone (Galaxy s5) just recently upgraded to marshmallow. It looks like the default built-in "create custom vibration" option is missing altogether from the OS. Or at least I have been searching through all of the settings and am no longer able to find it.
    I previously had a custom vibrate pattern for calls vs texts - after the upgrade not only did it change to some default vibration, but there is no longer an option to select or create a custom vibration.
    This could be a reason why an app based on custom vibrations is missing - a feature may have been (stupidly) removed from the OS.

In any case I am not too happy about the change.
    Also, they removed the auto haptic which the phone vibrates to the sound coming to the speaker
    05-14-2016 09:29 AM