Problem sending videos on WhatsApp

Peter Kershaw

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I both have Galaxy S6's which have recently been upgraded to 6.0.1 Marshmallow in early March. Over the past week, whenever I try to send a video to her WhatsApp she gets a message saying "this video was removed from your phone because it contained unsafe content" and she is unable to view it, a relative has a Galaxy S5 and he gets the same message. If she sends a video to me I can view it fine. This only seems to happen with the videos I have taken over the last week, ones I have recorded earlier are still sending to her with no problems. I don't believe it is down to the latest software update as everything was fine for a few weeks after they were installed. I have tried deleting and installing WhatsApp on both phones and rebooting and clearing the cache also with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Posted via the Android Central App

a_tumiwa

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
i have a same problem , its why i googling and then came here and registered.
i found that all the victims are Samsung phone user, probably the samsung security (knox?) give a false positive .

i dont think a playable video can contain virus that harm.
and if we open using iphone or android non samsung, there is no problem at all

i dont think Samsung has a time to update all their device or even care with our problem, so probably the best way is to disable the security.
i havent tested yet. need to find another solution first.

arnie006

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem - have not been able to find a solution - it only started this week though after my update to whatsapp.

Peter Kershaw

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
It's really strange, we both have unbranded phones except mine is CSC code XEU and hers is BTU. I've tried sending a video to her phone via Bluetooth and it plays fine, she can send it back to me via WhatsApp and it works fine again. When I try to send it back to her on WhatsApp she gets the same error message. I do not have Knox activated on my phone so I don't think it's that.

Mix119

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi there.
I found the forum googling cause I'm facing the same problem. I'm using an HTC One m9 so it's not just a Samsung problem. I just started using whatsapp now and just 1 in 4 videos was OK, the other 3 had that error message.
Thanks.

Gla20

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I am also having this problem. Started a few days ago. There are only problems between my husbands Samsung galaxy s6 and my one plus one. I can receive videos from others and he can send to others. It is only the videos from him to me that result in the error. I've tried reinstalling whatsapp and it is still the same.

Katiemoo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Mine is same started last night it's only when I send him a video he carnt get it but I can get is since whatsapp updated yesterday xx

Peter Kershaw

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Version 2.12.556 for me also, hopefully the next update will fix this because I can't work out what is causing it. I have emailed WhatsApp support 2 days ago but they haven't replied as yet.

Peter Kershaw

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I just got this message appear on my WhatsApp, I'm guessing that this might have something to do with it?

Attachments

• 3789.jpg
    3789.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 9

Mohammad Moe Patel

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I both have Galaxy S6's which have recently been upgraded to 6.0.1 Marshmallow in early March. Over the past week, whenever I try to send a video to her WhatsApp she gets a message saying "this video was removed from your phone because it contained unsafe content" and she is unable to view it, a relative has a Galaxy S5 and he gets the same message. If she sends a video to me I can view it fine. This only seems to happen with the videos I have taken over the last week, ones I have recorded earlier are still sending to her with no problems. I don't believe it is down to the latest software update as everything was fine for a few weeks after they were installed. I have tried deleting and installing WhatsApp on both phones and rebooting and clearing the cache also with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Hi,*

Thanks for your message. *

If you received a popup that a video has* been removed due to "unsafe" content, t*his is because WhatsApp detected an issu*e with the video that may cause issues f*or your phone. In an effort to protect o*ur users, there is no way to download or* play such videos.

If you are the recipient of the video wh*o is experiencing this popup, please rep*licate the issue and send us logs. Again*, it is unlikely that you will be able t*o download or play these videos, but log*s will help us investigate whether these* videos are being properly detected. Tha*nks for your cooperation! When you repli*cate the issue, please do the following:*

Launch WhatsApp. *
Press the [Menu Button]. *
Tap [Settings] > [Help] > [Contact Us]. *
Enter a description of the issue into th*e description field.
Select [Next]. *
Tap [This does not answer my question] a*t the bottom if any results are displaye*d.
Send the email.*
The above steps will automatically gener*ate a log file as an email attachment.

Georgemhp

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I am having the same issue as the person above. I currently have an open ticket with WhatsApp and in the last email I was suggested to do the same steps that are posted above. I am able to receive videos and send them just fine between my sisters IPhone and my Samsung s7, in my case the problem only arrises when I try to send NEW videos through WhatsApp to other Samsung users. It is an annoying issue because I participate in a soccer league and am supposed to take videos of peoples goals and what not.

It would be nice to receive verification from Samsung or WhatsApp that this is an issue not user based and something on there side because I have been trying to fix this all day and have not ben able to

Steps that I have taken, was recommended to update google photo, made sure that was updated, reset camera settings and sent a new video out, reset phones setings to see if the problem was a setting that I had. I do not have knox or any of that blocking me from actually sending or receiving videos on my end.

If anyone has found a solution to this, please let me know. Thank you in advance.

jaythebest528

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I am having the same issue as the person above. I currently have an open ticket with WhatsApp and in the last email I was suggested to do the same steps that are posted above. I am able to receive videos and send them just fine between my sisters IPhone and my Samsung s7, in my case the problem only arrises when I try to send NEW videos through WhatsApp to other Samsung users. It is an annoying issue because I participate in a soccer league and am supposed to take videos of peoples goals and what not.

It would be nice to receive verification from Samsung or WhatsApp that this is an issue not user based and something on there side because I have been trying to fix this all day and have not ben able to

Steps that I have taken, was recommended to update google photo, made sure that was updated, reset camera settings and sent a new video out, reset phones setings to see if the problem was a setting that I had. I do not have knox or any of that blocking me from actually sending or receiving videos on my end.

If anyone has found a solution to this, please let me know. Thank you in advance.

you have to add a caption every time you send a video or picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

a_tumiwa

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
hello guys, please do what Mohammad Moe Patel said
the log would have whatsapp staff to check what is the cause

try open the video until the error occur then use "contact us"

javae

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
same problem here between my S6 and my wife's S6. Problem occurred for the first time this week, after we saw the encryption notification.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan