After updating my Verizon Galaxy S6 to Marshmallow it is taking forever to get to a full charge. Do I need a new battery?

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
After updating my Verizon Galaxy s6 to Marshmallow it is taking forever to get to a full charge.

After updating my Verizon Galaxy s6 to Marshmallow it is taking forever to get to a full charge. This especially true on wireless charging and when I get to 95%. It takes up to 30 minutes to get from 95 to 100%. Before the update it would take a matter of minutes. Anyone else having this issue? Any advice? Thanks.

Alex Torres5

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: After updating my Verizon Galaxy s6 to Marshmallow it is taking forever to get to a full charge.

Really? I recently updated mine to marshmallow and I haven't had that problem. It actually seems to be charging faster for me. Maybe it has something to do with the cord you are using. Are you using the Fast Charge charging cable?

Posted via the Android Central App

stang6790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: After updating my Verizon Galaxy s6 to Marshmallow it is taking forever to get to a full charge.

Someone else said one of their chargers was real slow after the update:

"I have a 2nd OEM Samsung Adaptive Fast Charger that after the update does not fast charge. In fact, it's slower than wireless charging, by about 1.5 hours. The original charger that came with it still fast charges, as well as my car fast charger. Not the end of the world, but really strange. It was working fine before the update."

mlrz24

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site

On marshmallow if you go under settings, then battery you can toggle fast charge on and off for some odd reason. Maybe yours is turned off

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

On marshmallow if you go under settings, then battery you can toggle fast charge on and off for some odd reason. Maybe yours is turned off

Mine is turned on. But it is happening on Wireless charging. Wireless charging is now a lot slower then it was before the update.

sahaller

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

I'm having the same problem. Fast charge is set to ON, but wireless charging takes significantly longer than wired. I'm using the same chargers; I didn't have any issues with them prior to the Marshmallow update.

After updating my Verizon Galaxy s6 to Marshmallow it is taking forever to get to a full charge. This especially true on wireless charging and when I get to 95%. It takes up to 30 minutes to get from 95 to 100%. Before the update it would take a matter of minutes. Anyone else having this issue? Any advice? Thanks.

cdhinch

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue with wireless charging on my Verizon Galaxy S6. Even after leaving my phone sitting on the wireless charger overnight it barely charges. Before the Marshmallow update it worked fine. I already checked to make sure Fast Charging was set to On.

Last edited:

ep06769

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
same issue....updated S6 last night when it was at 3%....placed on charger tray and only reached 85% this morning....why so slow? We'll see how it goes tonight as i need to charge every night regardless of usage.Hope upgrade will help with that issue.

brolicbrolic

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Same issue here. Verizon S6 edge. Seems to be getting a little worse. Since the update, wireless charging would bring it up to about 94% and then it would go up about a 1% point in 45 minutes to an hour. I use the battery drain analyzer app to keep a log on how fast it charges, and you can see it charge normally and then slow to a crawl. But, it would get to 100% if given enough time. Last night it started to crawl at 92% and when charging again this afternoon at 86%. The update to marshmallow is the only thing that has changed on my phone.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. Verizon S6 edge. Seems to be getting a little worse. Since the update, wireless charging would bring it up to about 94% and then it would go up about a 1% point in 45 minutes to an hour. I use the battery drain analyzer app to keep a log on how fast it charges, and you can see it charge normally and then slow to a crawl. But, it would get to 100% if given enough time. Last night it started to crawl at 92% and when charging again this afternoon at 86%. The update to marshmallow is the only thing that has changed on my phone.

Is there a remedy besides the dreaded factory reset?