Sorry if this is a stupid question lol but it just kind of occurred to me today. I own an S6 that I've always been signed into, but recently I got another device as a gift for a close friend. They aren't really that tech savvy so I want to help them set up some of the apps but I need to sign in to access the Play store. if I remove my account after all the apps I need are installed, does the device remove all of the data from the account (including the apps)? Or do the apps stay installed? What happens if my friend signs in with their account afterwards, do the apps still get updates or are they removed since the new account would not have the app in its download/purchase history?
    04-04-2016 11:01 PM
    I believe the apps will remain installed, as discussed in this thread: applications - Does deleting a Google account also remove his/her installed apps? - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange. But your question about updates is a good one--I'm not sure if the apps would get updated through the other person's Play Store.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-05-2016 02:14 AM
    If your giving you phone away do a factory reset on it then create it as a new device this will be your best option but signing in with your own Google account in to the play store they will be able to see all your apps that you have installed but not the data best advice set them up with there own account

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-05-2016 02:17 AM
    Cool, thanks for the link B Diddy, I'll definitely take a look at that.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-07-2016 02:26 AM