Exchange Email not Syncing after Marsmallow Update

Seth_Overbury

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the Verizon marshmallow update, my work email won't sync. This is a Microsoft Exchange account using the stock Samsung email client. My work also requires MobileIron (which is awful and I wonder if that is contributing to the issue).

I have reboot the phone. Cleared cache partition. Checked all sync settings. Turned sync off and back on. No luck.

If I turn the sync off and back on, it will sync once but then doesn't do any auto refreshes after that.

Any ideas??

Seth_Overbury

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I found out that it is an issue with MobileIron not being compatible with marshmallow. Not surprising--MobileIron is horrible. I guess I'll sit and wait.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the Verizon marshmallow update, my work email won't sync. This is a Microsoft Exchange account using the stock Samsung email client. My work also requires MobileIron (which is awful and I wonder if that is contributing to the issue).

I have reboot the phone. Cleared cache partition. Checked all sync settings. Turned sync off and back on. No luck.

If I turn the sync off and back on, it will sync once but then doesn't do any auto refreshes after that.

Any ideas??

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried using the Microsoft Outlook app for your mail?

Seth_Overbury

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
My company policy only allows us to use MobileIron (with the default email client) or the Microsoft OWA app. Unfortunately, MobileIron is a huge battery drain and has to be reset constantly --and-- OWA does not push email alerts to your phone (only when you open the app). So neither are great options.

djlast

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
My company policy only allows us to use MobileIron (with the default email client) or the Microsoft OWA app. Unfortunately, MobileIron is a huge battery drain and has to be reset constantly --and-- OWA does not push email alerts to your phone (only when you open the app). So neither are great options.

I have the same exact problem, stuck with the clown MI app. However I did just find that after the marshmallow update, the stock email app and the MI app were both set to "on" for battery optimization. Turning them both off synced my email right away so maybe that fixed it, but it hasn't been long enough to know for sure. Hope it helps.

Seth_Overbury

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same exact problem, stuck with the clown MI app. However I did just find that after the marshmallow update, the stock email app and the MI app were both set to "on" for battery optimization. Turning them both off synced my email right away so maybe that fixed it, but it hasn't been long enough to know for sure. Hope it helps.

I'm interested to know if that was a permanent fix for you. My company issued a statement that MI was aware of the issue and working on an update. But I have since uninstalled the app so I don't know if the update has been issued or not.

Vic07407

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I am experiencing the same exact thing since MM update on tmo Note5 except that it is with all my emails on the Samsung email app. I have to manually refresh all the email addresses including exchange work email. :-/

joosujin

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I am experiencing exactly the same problem. I also need to use the corporate email app due to the policy, and am anxiously looking for a solution...

Anielo0

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I have had the same problem, I have uninstalled and reinstalled email and app, I have changed synch settings I have tried EVERYTHING. Finally gave up and went to Samsung store for help. Apparently the ONLY solution is to use the Outlook app with my Hotmail email.
So I installed outlook, yes it does Synch however Outlook is a nightmare to use, so I have gone back to using the android email app but I manually refresh for new emails. Real pain in the backside however hopefully android will patch the issue.

rhysmanning

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Same problem, brand new Galaxy S7 Edge purchased last week, x3 e-mail accounts configured on device, x1 Office 365 account configured as exchange, works no problem, x1 standard e-mail account works fine, however I am unable to get my work exchange account to sync, it adds fine, all settings ok, credentials ok, active sync ok, enabled and disabled, account removed and re-added, Device completely up to date with all updates, everything else works flawlessly no joy all settings on exchange server ok, active sync enabled, compared settings with other colleagues who's devices/accounts work fine, still no joy. Tried rebooting, clearing cache, you name it, can't seem to get anywhere... Has anyone found a fix for this yet? reluctant to use the outlook app as I prefer the stock Galaxy e-mail app.. Come on Samsung, get your fingers out....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle