WiFi not working

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
just updated to marshmallow today, & my youtube will not load the videos, it pops them up and I can read comments but the video will not play. My apps will not download over wifi in the play store.and my games will not load. It's not my router. My boyfriends wifi is fine. It's just mine. I've tried clearing the data and cache in these areas. Nothing is helping & it's driving me nuts

Posted via the Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I'm afraid the MM Update, claims another victim! But, the good news is, I surely believe it fixable. Start with the basics first, below

Enter Recovery (google how to enter recovery on (your phone)) Then once in there, use volume up/down to toggle down to "Wipe Cache Partition." No data will be loss. Then use volume up/down to select reboot.

Let us know if this fixes your problem, if it doesn't, we'll talk about the need for the nuclear option, but one that works most all of the time when done.

Chris

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Ouch, sorry to hear this!

Ok you will probably need to do a FULL FACTORY RESET. Look, I know this is not a desired option, but sometimes its what needs to occur, after a major update. I've spent a lot of time over the last few months, between friends, and visitor/members here, to whom have updated to MM or other major update, and were forced to do the FFR, but cleared their issues, most all of the time.

So, with that said, do some research on how to properly back up your phone, to minimize personal data loss, because a FFR will erase everything. There are apps in the app store, for example, Helium and Smart Switch that do great jobs at getting your phone back to where you were, like you never even reset.

If you need further help in doing this, I'd be happy to find you some helpful links.

Good Luck, Let us know if you need further assistance!

Chris

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Before doing the factory reset, can you tell us if this happens on any wi-fi network or just your own? If it's just your own, try rebooting the router by unplugging its power for 10 seconds, then plugging back in. If that doesn't work, see if any of these ideas help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

Another thing to try is to log into your router's settings (see the router manual to learn how) and disable IPv6.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear this! I would suggest contacting Samsung support, maybe your issue would be covered under the warranty.

chappo2000

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this issue too. It's more than just my home wifi. Running speed tests it starts at like 13 Mbps then drops down to like .5 Mbps. Sprint.

Posted via the Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Before doing the factory reset, can you tell us if this happens on any wi-fi network or just your own? If it's just your own, try rebooting the router by unplugging its power for 10 seconds, then plugging back in. If that doesn't work, see if any of these ideas help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

Another thing to try is to log into your router's settings (see the router manual to learn how) and disable IPv6.

THIS.....did you try this?

wesyates

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a customer with the exact same issue. We cleared caches, cleared data from Play Store, removed/added the wifi network, safe mode, etc but nothing seems to allow updates or installs via wifi only. Only updates via mobile data are working. Customer is on Sprint (not a carrier related issue. Just for info).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1