Hi! My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 6. The Marshmallow update pushed out today so it was downloaded. Phone restarted and works fine-- except the only keyboard that I can select is Swype or Google Voice. The option for Samsung Keyboard (the default) is not there. When I search for Samsung Keyboard, three options come up... To play a sound when keyboard is tapped, to vibrate when keyboard is tapped, or a high contrast keyboard. When I click on these, they are grayed out and cannot be changed. How do I get the Samsung Keyboard back??

Last note-- The phone is encrypted, not sure if that would have messed things up during the update. Thanks!
    04-08-2016 02:16 PM
    Hi! My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 6. The Marshmallow update pushed out today so it was downloaded. Phone restarted and works fine-- except the only keyboard that I can select is Swype or Google Voice. The option for Samsung Keyboard (the default) is not there. When I search for Samsung Keyboard, three options come up... To play a sound when keyboard is tapped, to vibrate when keyboard is tapped, or a high contrast keyboard. When I click on these, they are grayed out and cannot be changed. How do I get the Samsung Keyboard back??

Last note-- The phone is encrypted, not sure if that would have messed things up during the update. Thanks!
    Welcome to Android Central!

You can try booting in to recovery and wiping the cache partition to clear out any bugs. See if that brings the keyboard back.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21027
    04-12-2016 02:54 PM
    Try downloading it from the play store
    09-14-2016 07:38 AM
    Try downloading it from the play store
    Having the same problem, any suggestions on how to find it from the play store (I.e I can't use search as there is no keyboard to type it in)
    06-14-2017 12:52 AM