Fast charging not working/ USB charging

tgs3838

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Updated my phone last Saturday to 6.0. Everything seemed to be working fine until Sunday afternoon. Fast charging stopped working. And normal charging is super slow. 5+ hours to do a charge. Seems like the only charging option that is working correctly is wireless charging. Whenever i plug the cable in it seems to think i have a USB cable hooked up to my computer or something. I checked all the options under the battery settings and as far as i can tell everything seems to be normal. Ive tried several different chargers. Plus my wife's phone charges just fine. Anyone have any ideas? Hopefully just something simple Im overlooking. Did a search and couldn't find anything that seemed to help. Thanks in advance. Screenshot_20160408-173825.jpg

Jimmy Le1

May 22, 2015
Visit site
In order for Fast charging working ,
You have to use it's original White USB cable and the White adapter plug in the wall outlet ..
Other than that it will go to the option transfer files or charging ...

Mine acts that way .. I think it's normal ..!!

tgs3838

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
You have to use it's original White USB cable and the White adapter plug in the wall outlet ..

Yea I have 2-3 fast chargers that all seem to work fine on my wifes s6. That screenshot was taken while plugged into the original white charger into a wall outlet. I understand these options will popup when plugged into a computer. Thats why its so weird. Its plugged into the wall charger. But it seems to think its hooked up via USB into my computer. Maybe my charging port went bad

Jimmy Le1

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Yea I have 2-3 fast chargers that all seem to work fine on my wifes s6. That screenshot was taken while plugged into the original white charger into a wall outlet. I understand these options will popup when plugged into a computer. Thats why its so weird. Its plugged into the wall charger. But it seems to think its hooked up via USB into my computer. Maybe my charging port went bad

I just tested .. did not see it.
When I swipe down there is a message says Fast charging .

I hope you don't have to do a factory reset to see if it works ..
Sorry pal .

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I believe there is a new setting on the S6's to optionally turn "Quick Charging" On or Off. It should be in the settings under battery I believe. Or just search it in the settings if you have that option.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ewen Begg

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Any luck with fixing your problem TGS3838? My S6 doing the same, fast charging won't work and phone seems to think its connected to a PC offering file transferring options

btt1725

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I've got the same issue after updating my software.....any help would be appreciated!

I had to get a new cable as I found that there is 5 connection prongs on the cable and people are finding one is breaking off and it must be for fast changing as it still works for slow charging but also shows the usb settings that usually showed up when connecting to my computer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ac42

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I had the exact thing happen just recently. When I plugged it in to charge with the factory fast charger and cable it would recognize it but it was charging so slow. Plugged in overnight and it would only go up to 45%. I thought the phone's port was messed up, but I hated the idea of an insurance claim, so i first took it to my local at&t store to see if I could try one of their chargers on it, and it charged fine. The guy said it's usually just a bummer cord and not the brick, so I went and dug up my old phones cord and plugged it in with my s6's fast charge brick, and sure enough it works great. Thankfully that was it and not something catastrophic. Hopefully that's all you need with yours. I think the fast charging does a number on these cords and the die sooner than most.

crayonshincan

May 27, 2016
Visit site
My Note 5 did the same, I had to plug out and in few times to get fast charging. sometimes its even says "slow charging". I suspected it's a cable problem and I did saw a small spark at one time when I plugged the cable to the phone. I changed to new cable and now it worked fine. hope it helps.

Shyamlee Devi

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site

Hey, mine too...I don't know what to do because I live off my phone

Last edited by a moderator:

Portcitygurl23

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks mine is working just fine again i did update a couple of days ago and my fast charging stopped working, u have to go to setting,go to battery to choose fast charging so it can work again

Pookagirl1

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site

Actually, I found out that that is not true.. my cats love wires.. so when they found my original cord, they decided to chew and play with it as they pleased unail it broke... so I have been using cords that are not my original cord for almost 6 months now... and my phone is now as of 10 minutes ago acting the same way.

Syed Saad Ali2

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
I had the same issue after updating my s6
I was really disappointed, I tried every possible way but it didn't work
I sprayed perfume inside my charging slot and then it reduced the average from 5 hours to 1 hour but it didn't show fast charging
Keep in mind that don't spray too much.

cfclay

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I thought this crazy, but I guess alcohol does evaporate fast. Couldn't same effect be had with pouring a cap full of rubbing alcohol in charging port?

Dylan Lemmons

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Okay so after the update the Galaxy Note 7 came out and they had to put in an option under the battery section in your setting to thrn it on or off and it gives you a warning about it overheating your phone... but you do indeed have to go to the battery settings and turn it on