Missing share external options

Scott Miller8

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
My wife has an S6 that is still on lollipop and all of the sudden when she tries to share a photo external like from FB, there are no options. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Scott Miller8

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
When she is in an app like FB and she pulls up a photo, when she selects the share external option, nothing comes up with the options like Instagram or message, etc.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
When she is in an app like FB and she pulls up a photo, when she selects the share external option, nothing comes up with the options like Instagram or message, etc.

Welcome to Android Central!

So she is sharing a photo that is actually on FB not her phone. She wants to share that image to say Instagram or a text message when she does that no options come up to do that?

I believe you have to actually tap the photo and when it gets big there should be 3 dots in the top right corner. If you tap that it should give you an option to share externally.

Scott Miller8

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

So she is sharing a photo that is actually on FB not her phone. She wants to share that image to say Instagram or a text message when she does that no options come up to do that?

I believe you have to actually tap the photo and when it gets big there should be 3 dots in the top right corner. If you tap that it should give you an option to share externally.

Correct! It will get that far but when she selects the share external option she does not get any selections like the in the attached image.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 21

Isabella08

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
No problem, glad we could figure it out.

I have run into similar issue. When using Share option to try and share image found on Chrome or Firefox, I get many App options except Instagram (used to be there). I also have Edge S7. Already did Uninstall and Reinstall Instagram with no success. Thanks for the help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc