Copy and paste doesn't work anymore.

A

AC Question

I have a Galaxy S6, runing Marshmallow and since recently I am not able to proberly copy & paste anymore. Copying works if I copy from websites or if I copy whole messages, but when I want to paste anything into a text field, like in whatsapp for example or into an email, i can hold my finger to the field as long as I want, the paste option doesn't show up. I also obviously than can't copy parts of a message that I am writing. It only seems to be related to text fields. The options just won't show up. This is driving me crazy, does anybody have a clue what the reason is for that?

Mamo002262

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same problem but I'm on kit Kat for me when I go into samsung knox it works fine but out of knox the clipboard is missing and I can't paste

Oliver74

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S6, runing Marshmallow and since recently I am not able to proberly copy & paste anymore. Copying works if I copy from websites or if I copy whole messages, but when I want to paste anything into a text field, like in whatsapp for example or into an email, i can hold my finger to the field as long as I want, the paste option doesn't show up. I also obviously than can't copy parts of a message that I am writing. It only seems to be related to text fields. The options just won't show up. This is driving me crazy, does anybody have a clue what the reason is for that?

I have exactly the same problem, only simce Marshmallow though....
Any help or fix coming??

Stevens827

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I as well have not been able paste anything into messenger or the default messages app for my s6. I have noticed this since upgrade to android version 6.0.1. Is there a patch or is this just their way of forcing us to get a new phone?

Colton Rawrz

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I have found a fix.
You don't have to lose anything or factory rest your phone, I'm not sure which method I used that worked so do all of the following.
"settings" "applications" "application manager" tap "more" then select "show system apps" first find the keyboard you are using and tap on it for example I had been using the Samsung keyboard and my emojis were the first to go so find "Samsung keyboard" go into "storage" and tap "clear data" don't worry it will not mess anything up.
Go back to the top of the applications list and you should see "AASAASservice" I them tapped it and went into the storage and tapped "clear cache" next go back and find "android system" go to "storage" and tap "clear cache" on that as well then find "Web view" and clear the cache on that. One of them fixes the issue. I now have the full copy and paste issue fixed and I have my emojis back on my keyboard!
I hope this helps you.

Designer999

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
This worked on my S7 edge when it appeared to copy, but didn't have any paste option - "settings" "applications" "application manager" tap "more" then select "show system apps" first find the "Samsung keyboard" go into "storage" and tap "clear data" then goto "permissions" and set permissions to allow storage - somehow mine wasn't allowed to access storage. All good after that. Now if I could only stop the thing locking up and requiring soft resets all the time - still trying to narrow down which app(s) might be causing it. So far the highly suspect ones are Commsec and Microsoft Office Apps and possibly a few Samsung ones that keep coming back when I wouldn't use them in a blue fit.

gideonaries

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
Somehow it worked. Many thanks!

Additionally, I cleared my clipboard cache via S Note since it still allowed access to clipboard by long tap. Though I do not know if it was part of the solution. In my earlier troubleshooting efforts I wasn't able to clear clipboard via explorer because my device isn't rooted.

JonahStas

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
I lost all my texts because of doing this. Some came back but very few and I lost some very important ones. I hope there's a fix otherwise horrible advice. It didn't even work I still can't copy and paste

jvchau

Jun 5, 2018
Visit site
I upgraded to the new version on Sunday. I'm still using the S4. Just discovered today that the copy function is no longer available in the whatsapp UI.

Here's what worked for me. Select and change the below.

1. Settings
2. My Device
3. Language and Input
4. Samsung Keyboard
5. Keyboard swipe => Changed this from None to "Continuous input"
Copy function is now available.

jvchau

Jun 5, 2018
Visit site
Okay, just to confirm. After making the change I mentioned, I tried to use the copy in different chats. Did not quite consistently find the copy appearing for the chat I was in. Sometimes selecting and then holding a single text message the copy would appear. Sometimes I would need to select and hold a second set of text then it would appear. Looks like it will appear when the text you are copying is for the other party. If you try to select and copy your own texts then you can use the "copy" that appears when you select the 3 dots on the top right hand corner. I don't have time to test and play around with it for now nor google for further info. Will deal with later. Anyways, just test it out and see if it works for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde