I do not use any sort of security on my phone (No judgement, please! It's just the way I do things) My Galaxy S6 just got updated with Marshmallow and now when I turn on my screen by pushing the power button, there's a fade-on sort of effect instead of just popping on. (First-world problems, right?) I can't figure out how to stop it from doing that and I'm usually pretty good about figuring these things out. Thanks in advance for your help!
    danx55 likes this.
    04-12-2016 05:08 PM
    It's not a bug from android marshmallow ..
    I think they did it purposely to ease your eyes when you turn it on in the dark ...
    danx55 likes this.
    04-12-2016 05:54 PM
    Oh, I didn't mean that I thought it was a bug...I just meant it bugged me. ;-) Would love to know how to turn it off...

It's not a bug from android marshmallow ..
    I think they did it purposely to ease your eyes when you turn it on in the dark ...
    danx55 likes this.
    04-12-2016 05:56 PM
    Oh, I didn't mean that I thought it was a bug...I just meant it bugged me. ;-) Would love to know how to turn it off...
    Kkkk... Sorry Budd , can't help you with that ..

I actually like it though... don't know why ..
    04-12-2016 06:00 PM
    I also can't stand the new fade in. It takes way too long. My wife doesn't like it either. I really wish it was configurable, it should be twice as fast IMO.

Is this a Marshmallow feature or something specific to the GS6 with Marshmallow?
    04-12-2016 08:41 PM
    I also can't stand the new fade in. It takes way too long. My wife doesn't like it either. I really wish it was configurable, it should be twice as fast IMO.

Is this a Marshmallow feature or something specific to the GS6 with Marshmallow?
    Yes ,,, It's must be Marshmallow .. I never had it before the update
    04-12-2016 08:49 PM
    Definitely a marshmallow thing. I find it super annoying too. You can go into developer options answer turn off all animations, but that makes the recent apps screen jumpy
    04-17-2016 12:47 AM
    hi guys.
    I do actually like some of the fade effects, but I wonder if this makes the device seem a bit slower than I would expect at times for a oct core device 😕
    cheers
    Dan
    04-17-2016 02:45 AM

I don't like this feature either. My phone seems slower to start from when the screen is coming out of rest. Wish there was an option to disable it.
    08-02-2016 01:53 PM
    I do not use any sort of security on my phone (No judgement, please! It's just the way I do things) My Galaxy S6 just got updated with Marshmallow and now when I turn on my screen by pushing the power button, there's a fade-on sort of effect instead of just popping on. (First-world problems, right?) I can't figure out how to stop it from doing that and I'm usually pretty good about figuring these things out. Thanks in advance for your help!
    This worked for me:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...l-feature.html
    Specifically turning off the Animator duration scale
    09-28-2016 04:26 AM