There are 2 parts to my question, listing them here

1) I am using an unlocked Verizon Galaxy S6 edge phone on cricket wireless network. I noticed that i am unable to access mobile data while i am on a call, i was able to do this before in my Nexus 4 phone. As i am on an unlocked phone and not on Verizon, i am not able to activate the advanced calling option available in my phone.

2) I am also not able to make a conference call. Once i make the first call and then i "Add" a second call, the latter one does not go through and even though when i "Merge" the calls only caller 1 is available in the line.
    04-25-2016 12:43 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you go to Settings>Mobile Networks>Network>Preferred Network Type, what's listed? (The specific menu tree for your device might differ slightly.) Make sure it's not set for CDMA/LTE--it should be something like GSM/LTE.

Advanced Calling is a Verizon feature, so you won't be able to use it on Cricket. I'm not sure if Cricket supports HD calling at this time.

Not sure about the conference calling issue--have you contacted Cricket about that?
    04-25-2016 01:25 AM
    Hi Diddy,
    Thanks for your reply. i Checked the option you mentioned and i see it already set to LTE/GSM/UMTS. Still the issue is persisting for me even though it is not set to CDMA/LTE.
    04-25-2016 11:16 AM
    Unfortunately your experiencing first hand why its always best to get a carrier branded phone or a truly unlocked unbranded phone.
    Sure an unlocked verizon works on circket, it may not have all of the features of an att branded one. Its a trade off unfortunately. Other then adding bloat ware each carrier has its own network enhancements built into a phone.
    04-25-2016 04:34 PM