Why is my autocorrect being crazy?

A

AC Question

I previously had an S6. I never noticed problems with Autocorrect.

Since I have gotten the S7 (I've had two of them, actually, since I dropped one the first week) I have noticed that the autocorrect is being very aggressive and illogical.

For example:

I typed "Nice!" and it autocorrected to "I!". In fact there are many times where it forces an autocorrect to "I!". I've never once in my life typed "I!".

There are many examples where the word it autocorrects to is not even close to what I had written. I don't want to turn AC off since I do like it (and need it), but I just want it to stop being ridiculous.

I've reset the personal data in the keyboard cache.. but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Are other people having this problem?

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I previously had an S6. I never noticed problems with Autocorrect.

Since I have gotten the S7 (I've had two of them, actually, since I dropped one the first week) I have noticed that the autocorrect is being very aggressive and illogical.

For example:

I typed "Nice!" and it autocorrected to "I!". In fact there are many times where it forces an autocorrect to "I!". I've never once in my life typed "I!".

There are many examples where the word it autocorrects to is not even close to what I had written. I don't want to turn AC off since I do like it (and need it), but I just want it to stop being ridiculous.

I've reset the personal data in the keyboard cache.. but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Are other people having this problem?

Have you looked into other keyboards? Both Swype and Swiftkeys are awesome and should fix the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol