Just a quick heads up,

I highly recommend you DO NOT USE the standard factory fast charging s6 cable. I have currently filed a complaint after my cable caught fire, a second one is coming close. You'll know something is wrong when you feel the scorching heat of the cable port when you press down on it. I personally asked my friend (a fireman) and he said that it is a serious risk of catching fire.

Use a replacement (such as):
    http://www.amazon.com/Qualcomm-Certi...cUvbUpU5149497

Sadly, I don't have the time or money to gather solid evidence but... This is not safe, don't use it.
    danx55 likes this.
    04-27-2016 03:29 PM
    If it's the cable itself that's getting hot, the wire is too small. If it's the port that's getting hot, it's a defective port design (or the S6 is drawing far too much current).

In either case, you're correct. Never use a cable for a purpose that's already caused it to overheat.
    04-27-2016 04:18 PM
    Just a quick heads up,

I highly recommend you DO NOT USE the standard factory fast charging s6 cable. I have currently filed a complaint after my cable caught fire, a second one is coming close. You'll know something is wrong when you feel the scorching heat of the cable port when you press down on it. I personally asked my friend (a fireman) and he said that it is a serious risk of catching fire.

Use a replacement (such as):
    http://www.amazon.com/Qualcomm-Certi...cUvbUpU5149881

Sadly, I don't have the time or money to gather solid evidence but... This is not safe, don't use it.
    Did you take picture , please post so we can see for sure ..
    Mine is still fine , use it every night , never notice any heat problem at all ..
    May be some are defected ..?
    04-27-2016 07:54 PM
    I turned off fast charging because the part that plugs into my phone would get warm to the touch. Just use fast charging when absolutely necessary and you should be fine. That way you don't have to spend any extra money.
    04-27-2016 11:26 PM
    I also had a similar situation, but managed to yank the cable out before it caught fire.

I had it plugged in, went to pick it up and it burnt my hand... looked at the cable (end connected to the phone) and it had begun to melt and had turned brown.

I was asked by my carrier to return the phone, cable, and charger for inspection (I haven't as yet), but I also haven't used that cable again... and haven't had any issues with the replacements.
    04-27-2016 11:38 PM
    yikes! nasty 😢 thanks for warning...I don't trust fast charges and kept mine turned off
    thanks
    cheers
    Dan
    04-28-2016 12:25 AM
    I use fast charger everyday since i got the phone when it first come out and had no problems with the original cable and adaptor
    lucianus_luciferus likes this.
    04-28-2016 08:21 AM