I just got an S6 not even 2 weeks ago and one thing that I have noticed is that occasionally the sound is quite distorted when doing playback. Doesn't matter if it's playing a video message, youtube, sound clip, ringtone...the easiest way to describe it is that it sounds like it is on a bad internet connection and is having trouble buffering. It stutters. Sometimes it's clean as a whistle. Other times it is not. I don't have very many apps on there but I'm wondering if there is something that would be causing trouble. I just don't know how to find out unless I want to factory reset (which would not be the end of the world).
    04-30-2016 07:28 PM
    Is this with earbuds plugged in or playing from the speaker?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-30-2016 08:13 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does it happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21007

Since it's so new, you should consider bringing it back to the store to get an exchange while you can. Otherwise, if you wait too long, you might have to go through Samsung, which will take longer.
    05-01-2016 01:04 AM
    I just got an S6 not even 2 weeks ago and one thing that I have noticed is that occasionally the sound is quite distorted when doing playback. Doesn't matter if it's playing a video message, youtube, sound clip, ringtone...the easiest way to describe it is that it sounds like it is on a bad internet connection and is having trouble buffering. It stutters. Sometimes it's clean as a whistle. Other times it is not. I don't have very many apps on there but I'm wondering if there is something that would be causing trouble. I just don't know how to find out unless I want to factory reset (which would not be the end of the world).
    Bring it back ....bring it back and bring it back ..
    It;s a brand new , you don't have to due with it .
    05-01-2016 07:23 AM
    Thanks (this is me just signed in)

This is without earbuds...after I plug earbuds in it straightens out. It only does it half the time so I wouldn't be able to show the dealer what it's doing...does that matter?
    05-04-2016 12:28 PM
    Try taking a video of it when it happens, using a different device. Then show the store rep.
    05-04-2016 03:40 PM
    hi.
    I find that sounds generally isn't they good on my s6 compared to my old m8 ...playback and calls
    cheers
    05-05-2016 06:35 AM
    did you ever find a fix or did it go away? my S6 does this same thing
    02-12-2017 09:26 AM