I had serious issues with my Galaxy S6, the stock message app was constantly lagging, crashing and unresponsive before and since the Marshmallow Update (http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask...=1#post5155213) so I decided to reset my phone to factory settings (after backing up all my data on SmartSwitch) but now that it seemingly works perfect, I'm scared that if I restore my back up the same old problems are going to start up.

So, basically, I just want to restore my contacts and that's it but I'm not sure what the best way of doing that is, do I restore them via SmartSwitch, should I just use my google account instead? Have you guys ever had this issue? I don't mind starting from scratch, but I'm just weary that issues are going to persist if I do restore from my backup and its just too frustrating to keep going like that.
    05-01-2016 03:46 PM
    I had serious issues with my Galaxy S6, the stock message app was constantly lagging, crashing and unresponsive before and since the Marshmallow Update (http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask...=1#post5155213) so I decided to reset my phone to factory settings (after backing up all my data on SmartSwitch) but now that it seemingly works perfect, I'm scared that if I restore my back up the same old problems are going to start up.

So, basically, I just want to restore my contacts and that's it but I'm not sure what the best way of doing that is, do I restore them via SmartSwitch, should I just use my google account instead? Have you guys ever had this issue? I don't mind starting from scratch, but I'm just weary that issues are going to persist if I do restore from my backup and its just too frustrating to keep going like that.

As I remember correctly , You can pick what to want to restore from smart switch ..

After that ,you can delete the old back up and make the new one so next time you can restore the whole thing .
    05-01-2016 04:38 PM
    if all your contacts are on the google account then use that instead of smartswitch
    05-02-2016 07:34 PM