launcher question

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys! So I'm still really new to android. So I've been using the stock launcher. But I keep seeing/hearing amazing things about launchers.

Do you recommend them? Are there any downsides? If this has already been posted or answers somewhere let me know. I'm just trying to get the most out of this phone and I keep reading mixed articles for launchers on the s6. So me being me I'd like to hear from you guys with personal opinions

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First, a launcher is just an app - if you see one you might like, install it. If you find you don't like it, uninstall it. It's not permanent and it doesn't replace the stock launcher.

Second, a lot of us here use non-stock launchers. (I've been using Nova almost since it was released.)

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys! So I'm still really new to android. So I've been using the stock launcher. But I keep seeing/hearing amazing things about launchers.

Do you recommend them? Are there any downsides? If this has already been posted or answers somewhere let me know. I'm just trying to get the most out of this phone and I keep reading mixed articles for launchers on the s6. So me being me I'd like to hear from you guys with personal opinions

Posted via the Android Central App

The main advantage of launchers is customisation, so I guess the main Q to ask your self is how bothered you are about that? I use Nova (probably the most popular), and I customize the icons, I can use gestures to open certain things (double-tap, swipe up/down with one/two fingers etc etc.), you can change how the dock looks, the app and widget drawers, the folders... you get the idea.

I use the S7 Edge, and it's my first Samsung. Like the S6, you can theme the phone, but one of the drawbacks of a different launcher is that the icons don't get themed also, and although you can often find a very suitable alternative in the Play Store, if it's a very specific theme (there's a Game of Thrones one on the S7E, for example) and not just a certain colour or hue, you won't find the precise one away from Samsung's skin. A minor drawback IMO.

There's free Nova, so go and get it & muck about with it. If it's not for you can can always just go back to the stock launcher, or buy the paid one if you do to get the full package.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance