Restoring Custom Android Ringtones and Text Alerts after Factory Reset

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I originally assigned tones to certain contacts. I just tried a factory reset to fix a text crashing issue I've had since update. I restored using Smart Switch (now learned it needs a lot more work to make this seamless) and all tones are set to default. Is there a way to get them back or do I have to reassign through contacts? I used the basic ones available on phone. Nothing fancy.

This is the one time I wouldn't mind having a iPhone...

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Was all saved on Google Contacts. That is why I'm perplexed. Maybe because I signed in to Samsung when booted up phone and skipped signing into Google until after restored from Smart Switch?

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Also having issue downloading and updating apps in Google Play store. It says I'm signed in and shows my apps but an error comes up every time I try to update any of them.

Tried setting Home as trusted place and says it is already set up. However, makes me put in fingerprint or pin every time I try to access at home. Never had this problem before either.

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Got Play Store to work by signing out and clearing everything. Now I need to figure out Trusted Places issue and assume I will have to re-enter custom ringtone and notification sounds.

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Looks like in trusted places where it says "Home" and address is listed, it isn't enabled. You have to click on it and enable it.

Getting there...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon