Daughter's S6 installed Marshmallow and lost all data...Help!

CYHobbs924

May 11, 2016
Visit site
My daughter received the Marshmellow update on her S6 and she was asked how she wanted to restart her phone. She chose start normal and lost all her photos/videos. She didn't do anything wrong and now is devastated. I have looked at some 3rd party software options but they ask to Root her phone and I have no idea what I am doing here. Any way to get them back or do some of these software programs actually work?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bad update, but now it's got to be a carrier issue. Even rooting the phone voids the warranty - have THEM root it and recover deleted photos and videos. If you're in the US, the law is "break it - own it". (The programs do work - recovering files that haven't been overwritten is simple. [I wrote what might be the first one in about 1973 when I got tired of manually recovering every one of almost 100 small files from a floppy disk.] However rooting and installing a recovery app could over-write a file or two.)

CYHobbs924

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply...are you saying here to have Verizon root it, or Samsung? I am not sure where to go with this. If there is a program that you recommend, I am all ears.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci