Samsung Galaxy 6 is randomly linking contacts, that have NOTHING to do with each other.

ces23

May 19, 2016
Visit site
For example, I have a contact named "Kelsey" and my phone suddenly changed the contact name to "Sean" and then added 4 different email addresses (a lot of these email addresses weren't even from other contacts, they are just random people I've emailed in the past) along with a second mailing address (from another contact). It took me a long time to figure out where "Kelsey" went in my phone and I finally found her under the incorrect name. It shows that her contact is linked with 5 "Cloud" contacts and that's where these random email and mailing addresses are coming from. I've always had my phone backed up via Cloud and don't understand why it suddenly started doing this. Normally the contacts in my phone are perfectly synced with the contacts in my Gmail account. When I go into my Gmail account on my computer my contacts are totally fine. It's only on my phone. What the hell is going on here??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is your phone syncing contacts from anywhere else, like Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.? Go to Settings>Accounts, and look through each account--do any of them have a Contacts checkbox?