As if the double lock screen wasn't annoying me enough, guess what, I found another problem with Marshmallow.

After doing the Marshmallow update, now when I try to stream music over Bluetooth from my phone to my 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, the music doesn't start automatically anymore, like it used to on Lollipop. Pressing the play/pause or track buttons on the head unit does nothing at all. I have to manually go into the phone and press the play button in the Music app to get the music to start. This issue started directly after the Marshmallow update, so I know for a fact that it is the underlying cause.

I tried unpairing and pairing the phone again, as well as doing a cache partition wipe. Nothing helped. Now I'm really annoyed with this update. I should not have to go unlock my phone, open the Music app, and then press play every time I want to start my music, especially when I'm driving, then it becomes a safety issue. Is anyone else having this issue after the MM update? I'm hoping there's someone else here that owns a similar car, and can tell me if they're having this issue as well.
    05-23-2016 03:17 PM
    Hi sethyboy,

Question: What music app are you using?

I believe that not automatically starting to play when you connect to bluetooth is the default behavior, but some music apps have a setting that allows the app to automatically start when connecting to bluetooth. For example in Pandora you can go to "Settings" then "Advanced" and select "Enable Automatic Launch". Similarly, in PlayerFM (my preferred podcast app) you can go to "Settings" then "Playback" then "Bluetooth actions" if you want it to resume when connected.

I looked in both Google Play Music and the built-in music app that comes with the Samsung Galaxy S6 (I have the edge), and I don't see a setting to allow the music to automatically start in either app.

I'm not sure what app you're using for your music, but check the settings. If it's the Samsung Music app, it might be something that Samsung changed with the system update.

EDIT: I love the We Bare Bears avatar. Great show!
    05-23-2016 03:44 PM
    Stock Samsung music app, that's all I've ever used. Auto-started perfectly fine before the MM update, I assume maybe some change in the code caused it to "break". What I'm wondering is if it's just an incompatibility with this Hyundai car, or if the same issue occurs with other makes of cars. I wish I could test on another car, but I only own two Hyundais (the other is from 2007, and it has no Bluetooth).

You did just give me another idea though; try another music app. I like my stock Music, but if another app happens to work better then I'll use that instead.

Also, thanks! I watch it occasionally in my spare time, it's a funny little show. I love the panda. and it made sense to have him as my avatar here, lol
    05-24-2016 12:16 PM
    Looks like this got fixed with the latest update from Verizon, as I'm no longer having the issue. Happy again

Posted via the Android Central App
    jean15paul likes this.
    08-06-2016 07:01 PM
    Got same thing and its on my pandora the auto start isnt working we got to go in to pandora and push the auto start to off again and on again every time..it is the update.. Im using lg v30 and nothing is working as to auto connect to my radio.. And wont display the band or song either since update
    05-07-2018 11:41 PM
    Anyone find a fix yet? Most sites I've found have been about disabling not enabling this awesome feature. Whoever posted second I had already tried all that. I use pandora and auto play was alreadyenabled. Happened right after the marshmellow update for me as well. Annoying have to unlock my phone In my car. Way easier when it autoplayed
    08-09-2018 02:53 PM
    Having issues with Pandora not auto starting in my car after the most recent update. Phone is a Galaxy S7 edge, car is 2017 Ford Mustang. I have to go back to the app on my phone for ANY sort of interuption. So irritating and potentially dangerous. Anyway, I saw the advice about turning Auto launch on in the Pandora app and noticed that it is already on :/ is there another troubleshoot that may work or am I just screwed until the next update?
    08-17-2018 09:17 PM
    Having issues with Pandora not auto starting in my car after the most recent update. Phone is a Galaxy S7 edge, car is 2017 Ford Mustang. I have to go back to the app on my phone for ANY sort of interuption. So irritating and potentially dangerous. Anyway, I saw the advice about turning Auto launch on in the Pandora app and noticed that it is already on :/ is there another troubleshoot that may work or am I just screwed until the next update?
    Hey Google pandora 7.4 apk and download that and install it. Turn off auto update for pandora in the play store. Also make sure you uninstall pandora before installing and you should be set.
    08-23-2018 12:57 AM