Root to improve battery?

Darius Matasaru

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I'm wondering if i'll root my S6 I could make my battery last longer,I have android 6.0.1 official release and i tried every trick and tip to get the most of my battery but i just get 3 hours maximum on screen,if i play games i get half of that,it's the worst phone battery ever.So,there are any apps or something for rooted devices so I could get at least 4 hours on screen?And please don't give me an advice that wasn't tested by you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, root just allows apps that need root to run. Nothing you have now needs root (since it all runs and the phone isn't rooted) so running it if the phone is rooted won't make any difference. There may be a way of getting more time on the phone (how bad 6.0.1 is depends on which carrier it is - some are good, some are the worst version that ever came out), but rooting has nothing to do with battery life.

Darius Matasaru

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm not talkin about rooting in particular to improve my battery,but I think if you root your phone,you basically can change anything,like disable permanently some things that run in the background,change the friking touchwiz ,get rid of all the samsung bloatware not just by disabling them,all of those things that ruins the battery life. I don't think the phone is bad,it has 2550 mAh,that's kinda good,but how in the heavens i can use it for 3 hours and that's it? I think the android for it is bad,bad omptimized.