Bluetooth High Volume Warning/Nag Alert

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Short of rooting the phone, has anyone found a way to "disable" the nag screen you get when your phone is connected to a bluetooth audio device and you try to turn up the volume more than 2/3 of the max?

It's not the worst thing in the world, but with more and more bluetooth connectivity (vehicle, sound system, headphones, etc.), I feel like I'm constantly having to "approve" the higher volume levels, and it's really getting annoying.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
The constant approval is a component part of 6.0.1 Android Platform not only regarding volume audio when headphones or Bluetooth are used. It's everywhere so my friends let's welcome this annoying screen approval at our Android phones.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
The constant approval is a component part of 6.0.1 Android Platform not only regarding volume audio when headphones or Bluetooth are used. It's everywhere so my friends let's welcome this annoying screen approval at our Android phones.

Just to be clear, this volume nag screen was always there on every Galaxy phone I've had. Maybe now it's part of the base Android OS, but I can't comment on this since the only android phones I've had have been Samsung Galaxy phones. I just find it hard to imagine that this particular "confirmation" or "nag" screen has not been complained about to the point that Samsung hasn't removed it, or at least put in a switch to turn it off at the user/owner's discretion.

I also find it curious that Apple doesn't have this warning on their phones, but at least Samsung does. You'd THINK, given that Android promotes itself as and OS that allows the user more flexibility, that Apple is "ahead" on this one by not nagging the user to hell about potential hearing damage due to high volume.

Can anyone comment on whether or not this particular volume nag is a Samsung thing, or an Android thing across the board?

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Well that's a good point. I bought my current Galaxy S6 on May 6 2015 and I can't recall this issue with my formers Android phones; Google Nexus, LG, HTC. It's my first Samsung phone so not sure about the constant screen approval been an exclusivity of Samsung. I read that the constant approval for many things, not only audio related, is part of Google Marshmallow Platform. I don't like it, but after nine year's on the Android Platform , a change to iPhone is not in mind. I think this constant approval is the result of the SECURITY wave that rules in many aspect's of our society this days.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Well that's a good point. I bought my current Galaxy S6 on May 6 2015 and I can't recall this issue with my formers Android phones; Google Nexus, LG, HTC. It's my first Samsung phone so not sure about the constant screen approval been an exclusivity of Samsung. I read that the constant approval for many things, not only audio related, is part of Google Marshmallow Platform. I don't like it, but after nine year's on the Android Platform , a change to iPhone is not in mind. I think this constant approval is the result of the SECURITY wave that rules in many aspect's of our society this days.

I can comprehend the added "security level" confirmations ... while somewhat annoying, those at least make sense. But the volume of my headphones or bluetooth audio is not a security issue, and we should have the option to turn that warning off. I told Samsung that last time I talked to their support team, and they (of course) said they would note my suggestion and pass it on to the designers/engineers who produce the phones etc.

I'm not holding my breath though ...

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you are right. The volume of my Bose headphones is not a security matter and everytime I plugin to enjoy some Led Zeppelin here comes the approval audio screen. I want the option to turn off this warning but till the day Samsung do something about it I'm going to turn right the volume of my PowerAmp app. Spent good money at Amazon Music Store and my Android phone, whatever it is at the moment, must played loud Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and all the others tenders bands that I like.