My phone is still under warranty. For the past month or so when the camera goes to focus, it makes a weird noise, like it's not catching right.... grinding gears, I don't know what to call it. Eventually my camera focuses but it makes me cringe. It doesn't happen every time so I sort of forget about it in between. The DAY before I finally decided I needed to talk to someone about the camera issue and seeing if I can get a new phone because it's under warranty, it fell out of my pocket and hit a rock just right and totally shattered the screen.

So here is my question. Because I shattered the screen is the warranty void? Do I file a claim with the insurance now? I'm just not sure if it's worth it to go through their insurance when I may have voided my warranty anyway. Would it be easier for me to just go to the local guy here to get my screen fixed? I've honestly never had phone issues before so I'm new to all of this. Now I have a double whammy and not sure what is most cost/time effective.

Edited to say I am with AT&T
    06-06-2016 11:27 PM
    My phone is still under warranty. For the past month or so when the camera goes to focus, it makes a weird noise, like it's not catching right.... grinding gears, I don't know what to call it. Eventually my camera focuses but it makes me cringe. It doesn't happen every time so I sort of forget about it in between. The DAY before I finally decided I needed to talk to someone about the camera issue and seeing if I can get a new phone because it's under warranty, it fell out of my pocket and hit a rock just right and totally shattered the screen.

So here is my question. Because I shattered the screen is the warranty void? Do I file a claim with the insurance now? I'm just not sure if it's worth it to go through their insurance when I may have voided my warranty anyway. Would it be easier for me to just go to the local guy here to get my screen fixed? I've honestly never had phone issues before so I'm new to all of this. Now I have a double whammy and not sure what is most cost/time effective.

Edited to say I am with AT&T
    Sounds to me like you have a 2015 Samsung flagship of some kind.

Ohh that stinks. I had that same problem with the camera TWICE and it happened out of nowhere. Its no fun. The camera noise might be within warranty, . The screen might not be because it was dropped. That said, Samsung is gonna assume that the camera issue is because of the drop. So to add up the potential total cost, I'd say its actually buy a whole new phone.
    06-07-2016 12:22 AM
    I was guessing they'd assume the camera issue would be from the drop as well. I should have said something sooner to Samsung. This is what I get for waiting! I just wasn't sure if it was a fluke or not (the camera grind). I'm really trying to avoid buying a new phone. It's a 128GB and only a few months old.
    06-07-2016 04:07 PM