How can I fix an email sync issue?

mjmackenn

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Email sync Issue

I have my S6 default email app set to check my work emails and have for years (on the s3 before that). It is set not to delete emails off the server so that all my emails would eventually get to my work PC. The phone(s) have always gotten rid of the emails once they were downloaded to my work PC and removed from the server. Ever since the last update to the phone, this has stopped happening and I have to delete the messages from my phone to get rid of them. It seems to be some type of sync issue but I can't figure it out.

I don't think it is a server issue because emails don't show up on the phone if my PC downloaded them first, it just seems that once the phone has the message it won't get rid of it once it's off the server.

mjmackenn

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Re: Email sync Issue

I am using the default email app that came with the phone, not the gmail app. Also it is not a gmail account.

The phone is set not to delete messages from the server.

My issue is once the emails are downloaded to my PC and are off the server, they remain on my phone. In the past that was never the case, when it would sync it would get rid of the messages that were no longer on the server.

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
They will only delete if they remain in your inbox on the phone. Once they have been moved out of the inbox they will no longer delete automagically.

mjmackenn

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
They have not been moved out of the inbox on my phone. This is clearly a glitch and not a settings issue. I have searched many forums and have seen some others with the same issue but I have yet to find a resolution. I may have to switch email apps. I was thinking about the outlook app but it seems to be a battery killer. I could use the gmail app but I have that set up for my personal email and I want to keep my work email separate.

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I use K9, free app, and it seems to do a very nice job. I have three different accounts set up and never have any problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay